Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tog option "ignore.sort" - Placeholder
20-02-2015, 16:21
Tog option "ignore.sort" - Placeholder
Hello,

I have a question about the "ignore.sort" tag option:

Is there a placeholder-character that can be used if the string that is to be ignored is followed directly by a letter? For example: I want the song "(Don't fear) The reaper" to show up under "D", instead of "(". I tried the tag value {(*} but that didn't change anything.

Best regards
Lakorus
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
20-02-2015, 18:32
RE: Tog option "ignore.sort" - Placeholder
(20-02-2015 16:21)Lakorus Wrote:  Hello,

I have a question about the "ignore.sort" tag option:

Is there a placeholder-character that can be used if the string that is to be ignored is followed directly by a letter? For example: I want the song "(Don't fear) The reaper" to show up under "D", instead of "(". I tried the tag value {(*} but that didn't change anything.

Best regards
Lakorus

For this song, you will need to define a custom sort value. The usual way to do this is add a TITLESORT tag to the song and use the Title.value.sort={TitleSort} setting in tagValue.
21-02-2015, 11:47 (This post was last modified: 21-02-2015 12:09 by Lakorus.)
Hi Simon,

that works fine, thank you!

I had to add "Title" and "TitleSort" as itemTags, though. I would have thought that "Title" is known automatically throughout MinimServer, as they are a standard-index ("xx items").

Best regards
Lakorus
21-02-2015, 14:57
(21-02-2015 11:47)Lakorus Wrote:  Hi Simon,

that works fine, thank you!

I had to add "Title" and "TitleSort" as itemTags, though. I would have thought that "Title" is known automatically throughout MinimServer, as they are a standard-index ("xx items").

Best regards
Lakorus

I think you are correct that Title shouldn't need to be in itemTags. I will investigate whether I can remove this requirement. Many thanks!
23-02-2015, 22:13
(21-02-2015 14:57)simoncn Wrote:  I think you are correct that Title shouldn't need to be in itemTags. I will investigate whether I can remove this requirement. Many thanks!

This change is now available in update 59.