Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
MinimStreamer on Raspberry Pi dropout
05-03-2015, 17:13
RE: MinimStreamer on Raspberry Pi dropout
That sounds like excellent work Simon on the Sonos dropouts. Can't wait to find out if it works in practice - will upgrade tonight. Thank you once again for all your support.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-03-2015, 17:20 (This post was last modified: 05-03-2015 17:45 by jack_c85.)
(05-03-2015 17:13)withanee Wrote:  That sounds like excellent work Simon on the Sonos dropouts. Can't wait to find out if it works in practice - will upgrade tonight. Thank you once again for all your support.

Simon... you've done it! Been streaming for 3 hours now and not one dropout... legend! I'm off to donate and post something on the Sonos forum so others will hopefully join me. Great work... Sonos need to employ you!!
05-03-2015, 22:37
(05-03-2015 17:20)jack_c85 Wrote:  
(05-03-2015 17:13)withanee Wrote:  That sounds like excellent work Simon on the Sonos dropouts. Can't wait to find out if it works in practice - will upgrade tonight. Thank you once again for all your support.

Simon... you've done it! Been streaming for 3 hours now and not one dropout... legend! I'm off to donate and post something on the Sonos forum so others will hopefully join me. Great work... Sonos need to employ you!!

I'll second that! Been streaming all evening on v0.5.7 without a single dropout (running on my ReadyNAS Duo v2). I think you've cracked it! Donation already made, but here's a clap on the back too!

Now if I was being really greedy, and you're up for another challenge with your new PLAY:1, if you could get the station logos and now playing info to come through too somehow, it would be perfect!! But in truth you have done enough and I'm very thankful for that.
05-03-2015, 23:18
(05-03-2015 17:20)jack_c85 Wrote:  Simon... you've done it! Been streaming for 3 hours now and not one dropout... legend! I'm off to donate and post something on the Sonos forum so others will hopefully join me. Great work... Sonos need to employ you!!

Thanks very much! I'm very pleased to hear this is working well for you.
05-03-2015, 23:22
(05-03-2015 22:37)withanee Wrote:  I'll second that! Been streaming all evening on v0.5.7 without a single dropout (running on my ReadyNAS Duo v2). I think you've cracked it! Donation already made, but here's a clap on the back too!

Now if I was being really greedy, and you're up for another challenge with your new PLAY:1, if you could get the station logos and now playing info to come through too somehow, it would be perfect!! But in truth you have done enough and I'm very thankful for that.

Many thanks! It would be nice to have the other things you mentioned but I don't think there is any realistic chance of that happening until Sonos adds native support for the new BBC HLS streams.