Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Annotations or comments - best place?
21-03-2015, 23:57
RE: Annotations or comments - best place?
(21-03-2015 23:45)simoncn Wrote:  This is working for me with COMMENT tags in FLAC files.

Can you examine one of these FLAC files using a hex editor to check whether it contains a COMMENT tag? Alternatively, can you use the indexTags procedure that I suggested previously to check whether MinimServer is able to find these tags in your FLAC files?

Have you checked the MinimServer log for error messages?

I know you are getting a lot of comments and I appreciate your patience.

I have already used the "indexTags" procedure you mention; and, I've looked at the logs (turned up to Verbose) - nothing looks incorrect.

I also looked at an example file with a Hex editor (using MediaInfo), which *does* show: Description: SACD, Hybrid, Surround

...which is what I placed into the Comment field using Audirvana+. Lately, I've been using A+ to edit my FLAC tags, since it's so nice for that (assuming it's output is technically correct).

When I rescan, the Comment listed above does not appear in Bubble, Kazoo and it does not show-up in the newly formed itemTags container for Comment fields.

To recap: the same tag editors are working fine with MP3, I am checking now to see if I have a similar issue with ALAC.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Annotations or comments - best place? - krutsch - 21-03-2015 23:57