Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Artists starting with 'The'
22-02-2015, 12:02
Artists starting with 'The'
Hi,

Sorry the for question, it's probably been asked before but I couldn't find the answer..

Is it possible for Artists\All Artists names that start with 'The' to be categorized in the AlphaGroup of the second word, for example at the moment 'The Clash' appears under 'T', could it appear under 'C' ?

At the moment my 'T' group is a bit congested..

Thanks,

Pete.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
22-02-2015, 15:50
RE: Artists starting with 'The'
(22-02-2015 12:02)PeteManchester Wrote:  Hi,

Sorry the for question, it's probably been asked before but I couldn't find the answer..

Is it possible for Artists\All Artists names that start with 'The' to be categorized in the AlphaGroup of the second word, for example at the moment 'The Clash' appears under 'T', could it appear under 'C' ?

Thanks,

Pete.

You can do this by using the Artist.ignore.sort={The} and AlbumArtist.ignore.sort={The} options of the tagOptions property. See this section for details.
22-02-2015, 20:08
(22-02-2015 15:50)simoncn Wrote:  
(22-02-2015 12:02)PeteManchester Wrote:  Hi,

Thanks,

Pete.

You can do this by using the Artist.ignore.sort={The} and AlbumArtist.ignore.sort={The} options of the tagOptions property. See this section for details.

Great, thanks Simon..
23-02-2015, 11:57
There are two related features which I have found very useful.

Firstly you can make ignoring the definite article standard for all tags using the word 'all'. Secondly, you can have multiple terms to ignore, so that you can treat the equivalents of 'The' in several languages in the same way.

Using these features, the relevant part of my tagOptions entry is:

all.ignore.sort ={The,Der,Die,Das,Le,La,L',Les,Il,El}

Obviously, this does not cover all the equivalents in the various languages; I have limited the options to those I have found it useful to ignore. The entry can easily be changed as necessary.

David
18-07-2016, 20:52
Is there a way to ignore a keyword under specific circumstances?

I have many artists that starts with the French keyword "Les" that I'd like to ignore while sorting. But I also like the music from "Les Claypool.".. Which I'd like to show up under the letter "L".

I know this is very specific. I'm just curious if it's doable or not.
23-07-2016, 11:15
Yes, this is doable.

1) Add the following to the tagValue property: Artist.value.sort={ArtistSort}

2) Add an ArtistSort tag with the value "Les Claypool" to one of your Les Claypool tracks

3) Restart MinimServer

This will cause "Les Claypool" to be sorted under "L" even though the tagOptions property includes Artist.ignore.sort={Les}.
23-07-2016, 11:43
Awesome!!
Thanks, that worked like s charm.