Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Advice on import of large music collection
28-02-2015, 18:37
RE: Advice on import of large music collection
Quick update...I tried converting from WAV to Apple Lossless (M4A) instead of FLAC...I followed the same process as above and everything worked and the file played...Very strange about she FLAC conversion not playing...I have got to believe I have some option in XLD set incorrectly...
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-03-2015, 15:07 (This post was last modified: 01-03-2015 15:10 by DavidHB.)
Well, we know that the Lumin supports FLAC. And if the M4A files play from MinimServer, it seems unlikely to be a server problem.

You could try opening one of the FLAC files alongside its M4A counterpart in Metadatics, to see if there is any obvious difference in the metadata, but my instinct would be that there is an issue with the FLAC audio data generated by XLD, which is possibly confusing the player.

If you want to try another converter, the widely respected dBpoweramp (which I use and can fully recommend in its Windows incarnation) currently has a downloadable beta version for the Mac; the author has indicated that beta testing will continue until May 2015. This software is best known as a ripper, but includes a very capable converter as well. It can be downloaded from this thread on the dBpoweramp forum.

David
01-03-2015, 16:13
Are you are using flac:wav or flac:wav24 in the stream.transcode property? If so, the FLAC file needs to be encoded with a fixed blocksize (the normal setting).