Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MinimServer not starting on NAS start
19-02-2015, 22:12
MinimServer not starting on NAS start
Had this problem for a couple of days now.

When I restarted my NAS in the past (ReadyNAS NV+ v2) MinimServer would automatically start. However, this is no longer happening. MinimWatch just shows a grey icon. When I go into FrontView, MinimServer has been stopped - when I click the MinimServer icon, the check box in the top left corner has been cleared.

Additionally, I just installed a new package for MinimStreamer and ssaw similar behaviour. I was asked to restart MinimServer, clicked yes, and then got the grey icon. Went into FrontView - same thing; the check box had been cleared.

Any ideas?

R
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
19-02-2015, 23:42
RE: MinimServer not starting on NAS start
(19-02-2015 22:12)rweten Wrote:  Had this problem for a couple of days now.

When I restarted my NAS in the past (ReadyNAS NV+ v2) MinimServer would automatically start. However, this is no longer happening. MinimWatch just shows a grey icon. When I go into FrontView, MinimServer has been stopped - when I click the MinimServer icon, the check box in the top left corner has been cleared.

Additionally, I just installed a new package for MinimStreamer and ssaw similar behaviour. I was asked to restart MinimServer, clicked yes, and then got the grey icon. Went into FrontView - same thing; the check box had been cleared.

Any ideas?

R

The grey icon means that MinimServer isn't running. What happens if you check the box and click the Save button? Does MinimServer start and run OK?

Which version of MinimServer are you running and which version of Java are you using? What firmware level are you on?

Can you try uninstalling MinimServer completely (take care to make a note of your configuration setttings) and reinstalling it?
20-02-2015, 21:15 (This post was last modified: 20-02-2015 21:20 by rweten.)
(19-02-2015 23:42)simoncn Wrote:  
(19-02-2015 22:12)rweten Wrote:  Had this problem for a couple of days now.

Any ideas?

R

The grey icon means that MinimServer isn't running. What happens if you check the box and click the Save button? Does MinimServer start and run OK?

Which version of MinimServer are you running and which version of Java are you using? What firmware level are you on?

Can you try uninstalling MinimServer completely (take care to make a note of your configuration setttings) and reinstalling it?

Simon, this is Minimserver 0.8.3 and update 58. I'm on NAS firmware 5.3.11. Not sure on Java, but the .tar file is ejre-7u60-fcs-b19-linux-arm-sflt-headless-07_may_2014.tar.gz

Yes, I can restart MinimServer manually by checking the box and clicking save. All runs fine then, unless I have to restart for some reason.

Can reinstall if necessary. Do I have to delete my config settings though?

R

I can do a reinstall.
20-02-2015, 22:54 (This post was last modified: 23-02-2015 22:33 by simoncn.)
(20-02-2015 21:15)rweten Wrote:  Simon, this is Minimserver 0.8.3 and update 58. I'm on NAS firmware 5.3.11. Not sure on Java, but the .tar file is ejre-7u60-fcs-b19-linux-arm-sflt-headless-07_may_2014.tar.gz

Yes, I can restart MinimServer manually by checking the box and clicking save. All runs fine then, unless I have to restart for some reason.

Can reinstall if necessary. Do I have to delete my config settings though?

R

I can do a reinstall.

I have never seen this problem before, so I'm not sure what is causing it. My guess is that your MinimServer installation might be corrupted in some way, in which case uninstalling and reinstalling might fix it. Another possibility is a HDD problem that prevents Frontview from recording the current status of MinimServer on your HDDs.

When you uninstall, your configuration settings will be lost. This is why you need to make a note of your settings so that you can reinstate them after you have reinstalled.
23-02-2015, 22:28
SOLVED - Thanks Simon, that fixed the problem.