Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Show Album Art full screen while playing
24-03-2021, 01:56
Show Album Art full screen while playing
I was using my old Surface Pro 3 laptop and JRiver to play music via my amp, and was controlling it from my Android phone. What was surprising was to see the screen on the laptop show the Album Art in full screen (with nothing else). It was somehow very satisfying to be sitting a few metres away and seeing which album was playing (even though of course I also had this on the phone in my hand).

Unfortunately I haven't been able to reproduce this with MinimServer2 as the music source (controlling via BubbleUpnp on the phone). JRiver bluescreen crashes frequently when using BubbleUpnp or even JRemote to play music from MinimServer2. (I've tried using Openhome and setting up a BubbleUpnp Server which has been suggested as a solution, but JRiver was still crashing.)

So I tried foobar2000, but customising the appearance seems to be quite complicated and I couldn't find any way of getting the full screen Album Art "Now Playing" view that I wanted.

MusicBee might do this, but it seems Upnp support is not being developed any more. Groove Music (!) apparently can do this, but doesn't appear to have Upnp support. Volumio doesn't seem to offer this Album Art view.

I was wondering if anyone knows of a Upnp player that will do what I want: show Album Art fullscreen when a track is playing.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
24-03-2021, 13:40
RE: Show Album Art full screen while playing
(24-03-2021 01:56)lotusaurus Wrote:  So I tried foobar2000, but customising the appearance seems to be quite complicated and I couldn't find any way of getting the full screen Album Art "Now Playing" view that I wanted.
  • File --> Preferences --> expand ‘Display’ --> Default User Interface --> select ‘Enable layout editing mode’
  • Select ‘Quick Setup’ --> Simple Playlist + Tabs --> OK --> OK
  • Right-click within subsequent view to pop-up the 'layout editing' window
  • Select ‘Replace UI Element’
  • Select ‘Album Art Viewer’ --> OK

nb - I have screen shots if necessary
24-03-2021, 14:33
(24-03-2021 13:40)Alandbush Wrote:  
  • File --> Preferences --> expand ‘Display’ --> Default User Interface --> select ‘Enable layout editing mode’
  • Select ‘Quick Setup’ --> Simple Playlist + Tabs --> OK --> OK
  • Right-click within subsequent view to pop-up the 'layout editing' window
  • Select ‘Replace UI Element’
  • Select ‘Album Art Viewer’ --> OK

Just got it working following your instructions. I've spent so many hours Googling and trying to work out how to customise foobar2000! Thanks so much for your help!
24-03-2021, 15:52
There's a really good tutorial on YouTube about configuring the layout of foobar2000.
24-03-2021, 15:54
(24-03-2021 14:33)lotusaurus Wrote:  Just got it working following your instructions. I've spent so many hours Googling and trying to work out how to customise foobar2000! Thanks so much for your help!

Happy to help.