Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Audio corruption at offset xxxxxxx errors ?
19-02-2015, 07:25
Audio corruption at offset xxxxxxx errors ?
I recently checked the MinimServer log and found a couple of files reporting, Warning: audio corruption at offset xxxxxxx error.

I have run all of my audio files through Yate which has successfully resolved pretty much any type of the various file issues I've thus far come across.

In this can the logged warning in MinimServer appears to be non-critical as the files play o.k.... however I am curious as to precisely what MinimServer is finding within the files that causes the warnings ?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
19-02-2015, 09:04
RE: Audio corruption at offset xxxxxxx errors ?
(19-02-2015 07:25)Coolhand Wrote:  I recently checked the MinimServer log and found a couple of files reporting, Warning: audio corruption at offset xxxxxxx error.

I have run all of my audio files through Yate which has successfully resolved pretty much any type of the various file issues I've thus far come across.

In this can the logged warning in MinimServer appears to be non-critical as the files play o.k.... however I am curious as to precisely what MinimServer is finding within the files that causes the warnings ?

Warnings are non-critical and errors are critical. The corruption is in the audio data rather than the tags, so it won't be picked up by Yate.

MinimServer is reading a portion of the data near the start of the file to estimate the track duration. If it finds corruption (a format error in the audio stream), the track duration might not be accurate. If you listen very carefully at the start of the track (the first few seconds), you will probably hear a slight playback glitch.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply