Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
displayFormat and/or indexFormat
30-06-2015, 03:58
displayFormat and/or indexFormat
Hi Simon,

On my control point when I select (n) Items the control point lists the track title and the album title. I wanted to also list the track artist so I have tried setting displayFormat and indexFormat tagFormat options for the Album tag value hopefully with the result being the control point will show Track Title, Artist - Album.

If I use a tag format option of:

Album.displayFormat={$artist$Album^^^ - }

it works fine for albums where there is only one artist however for Various Artist albums for each individual track it is listing every artist on the album, not just the artist on that specific track.

If I use a tagFormat option of:

Album.indexFormat={$artist$Album^^^ - }

I receive an error on restart of "Incorrect tag 'Album' for option 'indexFormat' in property 'tagFormat'

Obviously I am missing something but I can't work out what. Any help is always appreciated.

Cheers,

Kel
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
30-06-2015, 08:31
RE: displayFormat and/or indexFormat
(30-06-2015 03:58)muzz77 Wrote:  Hi Simon,

On my control point when I select (n) Items the control point lists the track title and the album title. I wanted to also list the track artist so I have tried setting displayFormat and indexFormat tagFormat options for the Album tag value hopefully with the result being the control point will show Track Title, Artist - Album.

If I use a tag format option of:

Album.displayFormat={$artist$Album^^^ - }

it works fine for albums where there is only one artist however for Various Artist albums for each individual track it is listing every artist on the album, not just the artist on that specific track.

If I use a tagFormat option of:

Album.indexFormat={$artist$Album^^^ - }

I receive an error on restart of "Incorrect tag 'Album' for option 'indexFormat' in property 'tagFormat'

Obviously I am missing something but I can't work out what. Any help is always appreciated.

Cheers,

Kel

To show the track artist, you should use Title.displayFormat, not Album.displayFormat.
30-06-2015, 10:51
RE: displayFormat and/or indexFormat
Thanks Simon