Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BBC radio streams not working
01-03-2015, 22:52
RE: BBC radio streams not working
I have the OS X version of Minimserver (0.8.3 update 59) and Minimstreamer (0.5.4) and I use the BBC Radio urls posted earlier in this thread. I do not have FFmpeg on the Mac and the "stream.transcode" box is blank. Other settings of Minimserver have not changed from the default except of course the contentDir box. For each BBC url, rather than having just the short code station reference in the square brackets e.g. [*R3], the correct MIME-type was stuck on the end too e.g. [*R3;aac].

Using my iPhone as UPnP renderer with the PlugPlayer app works fine, all BBC stations that I tried started to play almost immediately and without interruptions. Same story with VLC. However, when I try to do the same with two Reciva based internet radios (Avox Color and Avox TMA1), it is rare to get a successful connection the first time. More often than not the station starts buffering, and remains stuck at 100% buffering. Only after switching to another BBC stream a couple of times, there is a chance that the intended station starts to play. There does not seem to be a pattern e.g. that certain stations are always unplayable, after repeated attempts every station eventually will play. The fact that the iPhone and VLC play every station without buffering seems to indicate that there is no congestion at the station's end.

Attached is a portion of a debug log showing the moment when the Avox Color is trying to play BBC Radio Scotland - without success. This is at 20:42:32.632. Hopefully somebody more knowledgeable than I can figure out what's going on.

Attached File(s)
.txt  debuglog.txt (Size: 36.44 KB / Downloads: 3)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: BBC radio streams not working - Zeewier - 01-03-2015 22:52