Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BBC radio streams not working
22-02-2015, 20:44
RE: BBC radio streams not working
(22-02-2015 16:42)simoncn Wrote:  
(21-02-2015 19:59)PhilD Wrote:  Right, I've immediately managed to recreate the problem using procedure 2) in my previous post (#159). I start streaming on LMS then start the i83. LMS continues to play perfectly and the i83 gives frequent dropouts with the buffer fluctuating wildly every few seconds.

When I stop LMS streaming but let the i83 continue the buffer fluctuations appear to become less severe but are still there. Having said that, dropouts are now infrequent, once every few minutes.

If I now stop, then restart streaming on the i83 (i.e. LMS still off), the i83 buffer immediately becomes full, without fluctuations). The station now plays perfectly.

If, instead of restarting the i83 I leave it fluctuating and just restart LMS streaming the i83 buffer continues fluctuating as before.

Thanks,

Phil

Thanks for the quick response. From this information, I think the fix will be more difficult than I was hoping originally.

Please try something else:

1) Start playing a BBC 320 kbps stream using LMS only and time how long it takes for the music to start playing.

2) Start playing a BBC 320 kbps stream using i83 only and time how long it takes for the music to start playing.

Many thanks!

Thanks, I used the 320 kbps radio 4 stream. Both are very similar. LMS takes 3 seconds to start audio after play has been pressed. The i83 takes between 3 and 4 seconds.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: BBC radio streams not working - PhilD - 22-02-2015 20:44