Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BBC radio streams not working
16-02-2015, 22:08 (This post was last modified: 16-02-2015 22:12 by Pastim.)
RE: BBC radio streams not working
(16-02-2015 22:02)simoncn Wrote:  
(16-02-2015 21:12)Pastim Wrote:  Great idea, but I'm not sure I can make it work. On my Musical Fidelity M1 CLiC I get a server error. I have used local sources before, but this one is not working for me. Vtuner expects me to say if it's an MP3 or WMA, and of course it is neither.

Any thoughts? Maybe if I can point the minimstreamer URL at a local playlist containing the BBC URL it might work? What syntax would I use?

If this can be made to work it would be an enormous boon to many people, and many might be happy to 'contribute' !

Edit: However, leaving the type as 'mp3' it does play on my Marantz, so there is hope for this solution for at least some players, and I'll have another go with my M1 CLiC later. Would you like me to mention this on the BBC blog or would you like to? Whatever we do we have to omit full URLs since they tend to edit them out, which makes life tricky.

I am surprised that 'mp3' works as the stream is not an MP3 stream.

Please don't mention this on the BBC blog for now. This is a new way of using MinimStreamer (not via UPnP) and it needs more testing and better documentation before it is ready for a wider public. I would also like to implement the "short URL" idea first.
Agreed. Just let me know via a post here or pm if you want me to publicise anything. The 'short URL' would be a great help to me.

Is there any way using the existing syntax to specify a local m3u that in turns point to the Beeb?

Edit: and yes, the mp3 setting is weird, but vTuner gives little choice. Both my players were OK with the old Radio 3 HD aac streams even though I said they were wma.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: BBC radio streams not working - Pastim - 16-02-2015 22:08