Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BBC radio streams not working
15-02-2015, 16:39
RE: BBC radio streams not working
(15-02-2015 15:06)Cebolla Wrote:  Indeed, just by putting *:wav in the stream.transcode field. My MinimServer's running on an old XP box (took the 'risk' of installing Java 8, BTW) and using ffmpeg version 2.5, if that's any help.
Still no joy for me. I am also now using ffmpeg 2.5 (on ubuntu). I get

Code:
HTTPSource: stream error response HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found

in the minimserver log every time I try to play a new BBC stream. Can you quote the exact way you are playing the stream? Are you using a playlist m3u file, or what?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
15-02-2015, 16:45
Yes, ffmpeg as I've been mentioning - I don't use avconv.
Not sure what the point would be requoting the URLs for above streams mentioned by Simon Hughes is. Admittedly I didn't try them all, only the 320kbps ones.
Yes, I am using MinmServer's standard feature of providing radio streams and getting it to use the MinimStreamer transcoder, via a 3mu file.

I'm currently listening to Radio 5 live, for example, via the Foobar2000 player as a UPnP Renderer (requires the foo_UPnP plugin) and using MinimServer. You can actually view the URL it's using to connect to MinimServer, which in the above stream's case is
http://192.168.1.9:9790/minimstreamer/*/...nscode.wav

My version of Foobar2000 doesn't natively support streaming of HLS AAC, BTW.
15-02-2015, 16:55
(15-02-2015 16:45)Cebolla Wrote:  Yes, ffmpeg as I've been mentioning - I don't use avconv.
Not sure what the point would be requoting the URLs for above streams mentioned by Simon Hughes is. Admittedly I didn't try them all, only the 320kbps ones.
Yes, I am using MinmServer's standard feature of providing radio streams and getting it to use the MinimStreamer transcoder, via a 3mu file.

I'm currently listening to Radio 5 live, for example, via the Foobar2000 player as a UPnP Renderer (requires the foo_UPnP plugin) and using MinimServer. You can actually view the URL it's using to connect to MinimServer, which in the above stream's case is
http://192.168.1.9:9790/minimstreamer/*/...nscode.wav

My version of Foobar2000 doesn't natively support streaming of HLS AAC, BTW.
Sorry. What I had wrong was the m3u file (I'm a little clueless about these files). I got it working now!

To be precise my m3u file now contains (for radio 3):
Code:
#EXTM3U
#EXTINF:-1,[*BBC 3 HLS] Streaming
http://a.files.bbci.co.uk/media/live/manifesto/audio/simulcast/hls/uk/sbr_high/ak/bbc_radio_three.m3u8

So miminserver is a solution for any Internet Radio that also supports UPnP (which is probably most).

Result!
15-02-2015, 21:03
Hi Simon
Thanks to your MinimServer and Streamer and this forum I've got all the BBC new Radio Streams working with my Linn DS's
And very good they sound too!!!

Is there any way I could pick up these streams on My raspberry Pi 2 running Volumio 1.55?

I can see them but when I add them to the playlist they aren't there.

my BBC3.m3u file attached if i copy it here it gets truncated :-(
thanks in advance
Mike

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

15-02-2015, 22:35
(15-02-2015 21:03)mikegriff Wrote:  Hi Simon
Thanks to your MinimServer and Streamer and this forum I've got all the BBC new Radio Streams working with my Linn DS's
And very good they sound too!!!

Is there any way I could pick up these streams on My raspberry Pi 2 running Volumio 1.55?

I can see them but when I add them to the playlist they aren't there.

my BBC3.m3u file attached if i copy it here it gets truncated :-(
thanks in advance
Mike

Are you using *:wav transcoding as described in previous posts? This should be sending Volumio a WAV stream. If this isn't working, you could try using *:L16 transcoding to send Volumio an LPCM stream.
15-02-2015, 22:47
Just to say I also successfully changed the specification from *:wav to aac:L16 a bit earlier.
15-02-2015, 23:11
(15-02-2015 22:47)Pastim Wrote:  Just to say I also successfully changed the specification from *:wav to aac:L16 a bit earlier.

I don't understand how aac:L16 could work (unless you have added a stream type of aac to the BBC stream in the m3u file). With the m3u file that you posted earlier, I would expect that it would be necessary to use *:L16.
15-02-2015, 23:50
Can I just check one thing Simon?

I'm pointing to the Synology from the Pi as a NFS NAS
Is that missing out the Minimserver?
I ask because I removed *:wav because It made no difference
Mike

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

16-02-2015, 00:07
(15-02-2015 23:11)simoncn Wrote:  
(15-02-2015 22:47)Pastim Wrote:  Just to say I also successfully changed the specification from *:wav to aac:L16 a bit earlier.

I don't understand how aac:L16 could work (unless you have added a stream type of aac to the BBC stream in the m3u file). With the m3u file that you posted earlier, I would expect that it would be necessary to use *:L16.
Sorry, my error. You are, as always, correct. I think I hadn't saved and restarted. My excuse is that there's been a lot going on at the LMS forum and on the BBC blogs and I've getting a little slapdash (nothing unusual, I know).
16-02-2015, 00:11
(15-02-2015 23:50)mikegriff Wrote:  Can I just check one thing Simon?

I'm pointing to the Synology from the Pi as a NFS NAS
Is that missing out the Minimserver?
I ask because I removed *:wav because It made no difference
Mike

You are correct that this setup isn't using MinimServer. Can Volumio function as a UPnP control point and renderer?