Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hmm, My Music Is Playing Musical Chairs..!
09-02-2015, 16:50
Hmm, My Music Is Playing Musical Chairs..!
Has anyone else found albums within folders randomly and mysteriously moved to other folders?

Relevant facts:

1) Albums are stored on Synology 212J NAS.
2) Albums DO appear to be correctly saved within folders (eg, several Mozart albums do appear under Mozart folder when browsing NAS files).
3) However, albums have been shuffled randomly to other folders (eg, no Mozart album shows up under Mozart folder, only a single, random album when I select using control point).
4) I am using Naim v4.3 app as control point.
5) I am using "folder view" to find and select albums to play.
6) This problem doesn't occur using (Synology) Disk Station app as UPnP server.
7) I have re-scanned music, to no avail.

Many thanks in advance.
Signed: dazed and confused.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-02-2015, 17:53
RE: Hmm, My Music Is Playing Musical Chairs..!
(09-02-2015 16:50)pinchi22 Wrote:  Has anyone else found albums within folders randomly and mysteriously moved to other folders?

Relevant facts:

2) Albums DO appear to be correctly saved within folders (eg, several Mozart albums do appear under Mozart folder when browsing NAS files).
3) However, albums have been shuffled randomly to other folders (eg, no Mozart album shows up under Mozart folder, only a single, random album when I select using control point).

Many thanks in advance.

You should be able to correct this by clearing the UPnP cache and album art cache in the Naim app.

For a permanent solution, update to MinimServer 0.8.3. You need to download this from the Downloads page and install it manually from Synology Package Center because Synology are being very slow to make 0.8.3 available.
09-02-2015, 20:19
RE: Hmm, My Music Is Playing Musical Chairs..!
Many thanks, Simon!
(09-02-2015 17:53)simoncn Wrote:  
(09-02-2015 16:50)pinchi22 Wrote:  Has anyone else found albums within folders randomly and mysteriously moved to other folders?

Relevant facts:

Many thanks in advance.

You should be able to correct this by clearing the UPnP cache and album art cache in the Naim app.

For a permanent solution, update to MinimServer 0.8.3. You need to download this from the Downloads page and install it manually from Synology Package Center because Synology are being very slow to make 0.8.3 available.