Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to do that ?
30-01-2015, 22:55
How to do that ?
Hello,

i run in minim server (on a Qnap NAS) & i would like to know if i could achieve the following :
I have directories with albums, and when browsing them, it shows the title of the song. That's ok, nothing to change here.
I also have directories with "just" songs (like singles). They generally are in a directory called Various. It also shows the title on my device (a advance accoustics x-uni), but i would like (in that kind of directories) to see the artist before. Like "Artist - title" (these files are named like that).
I use mp3 & flac files, tagged with foober2000 or tagscanner.

many thanks !

H.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
30-01-2015, 23:44
RE: How to do that ?
(30-01-2015 22:55)Heathcliff Wrote:  Hello,

i run in minim server (on a Qnap NAS) & i would like to know if i could achieve the following :
I have directories with albums, and when browsing them, it shows the title of the song. That's ok, nothing to change here.
I also have directories with "just" songs (like singles). They generally are in a directory called Various. It also shows the title on my device (a advance accoustics x-uni), but i would like (in that kind of directories) to see the artist before. Like "Artist - title" (these files are named like that).
I use mp3 & flac files, tagged with foober2000 or tagscanner.

many thanks !

H.

You would need to change the Title tags for these songs to "artist - title" instead of just "title".

It should be fairly easy to make this change in Mp3tag using "Convert > Filename - Tag". Try this on one file first to make sure it does what you expect.
31-01-2015, 14:24
Hi & thank you Simon. Yes, this way it works well.
Anyway as i also have some classical CDs & sometimes i use my computer (with foobar) do you think there could be a solution where tag reading will be different for a directory to another ?
Also to be sure i understood well if i want to change the tag reading i have to add the code
Artist.displayFormat={$artist$orchestra$conductor} in the conf file ? (this is just an exemple i took from another thread, not what i want to do..)

thank you very much !
31-01-2015, 14:58
(31-01-2015 14:24)Heathcliff Wrote:  Hi & thank you Simon. Yes, this way it works well.
Anyway as i also have some classical CDs & sometimes i use my computer (with foobar) do you think there could be a solution where tag reading will be different for a directory to another ?

This isn't possible and I don't think it is likely to be possible in future.

Quote:Also to be sure i understood well if i want to change the tag reading i have to add the code
Artist.displayFormat={$artist$orchestra$conductor} in the conf file ? (this is just an exemple i took from another thread, not what i want to do..)

thank you very much !

You can use this to include other tag values but you can't use it to include filenames (your original question).
31-01-2015, 21:48 (This post was last modified: 01-02-2015 22:51 by Heathcliff.)
ok thank you very much ! i'll change the tag of the files Smile

EDIT
I try to make some changes in the config file & it doesn't seems to work :/

on my qnap nas i found : /share/MD0_DATA/.qpkg/MinimServer/data/minimserver.config

but it doesn(t change anything when i make changes & restart the server.
this might be not the right file to edit but i don't find others with this name.

Wich file do i have to edit ?

BTW is my config's ok ?

minimserver.contentDir = /share/Classique
minimserver.license = 0.8.1
displayName = Classique
.logFile = /share/Public/minimserver.log
minimserver.lastIndexTags = Artist, Genre, Conductor, Orchestra, Date
minimserver.lastItemTags =
minimserver.relaunchScan =
minimserver.tagOptions = Album.sortTags\={Album, Artist}
minimserver.udn = 0b15f9aa-ff2e-49f9-b69e-66e3f6ef1b19
minimserver.previousAlbumArtistDisplayRole = true
minimserver.tagCustom = AlbumArtist.displayRole\={artist}, Composer.displayRole\={artist}
minimserver.tagFormat = Artist.displayFormat\={$artist$conductor$orchestra$date^^^ | }
minimserver.configVersion = 0.8.131

thank you very much !!!