Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Control via webif or url-string
05-02-2015, 08:56 (This post was last modified: 05-02-2015 09:06 by EPIX.)
Control via webif or url-string
Just ashort question:
i read that it is possible to control the server with command-line controls

Is ist also possible to do it with URL-controlls (such as http:\\IP\radio=blah) to start a spezific radio stream..
like a webif or wrapper
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-02-2015, 10:58
RE: Control via webif or url-string
(05-02-2015 08:56)EPIX Wrote:  Just ashort question:
i read that it is possible to control the server with command-line controls

Is ist also possible to do it with URL-controlls (such as http:\\IP\radio=blah) to start a spezific radio stream..
like a webif or wrapper

This isn't possible currently. For remote control, you would need to run MinimWatch on another computer.
05-02-2015, 17:30
(05-02-2015 10:58)simoncn Wrote:  This isn't possible currently. For remote control, you would need to run MinimWatch on another computer.
Thank you for the quick reply - as I want to control the server from my home-automation it would be necessary to do it with TCP/UPP telegramms or with a wrapper or URL-Command or with telnet .... Cool

There is no commandline Wink
05-02-2015, 17:48
(05-02-2015 17:30)EPIX Wrote:  Thank you for the quick reply - as I want to control the server from my home-automation it would be necessary to do it with TCP/UPP telegramms or with a wrapper or URL-Command or with telnet .... Cool

There is no commandline Wink

What platform are you using to run your home automation and what platform are you using to run MinimServer? If the platform is Linux, please give details of the distro/version.
05-02-2015, 20:43
(05-02-2015 17:48)simoncn Wrote:  What platform are you using to run your home automation and what platform are you using to run MinimServer? If the platform is Linux, please give details of the distro/version.
I want to use Minim on a Syno 412+ (=linux NAS) and there is a package of your server available - so it should work "out of the box"

My homeautomation is a closed system (without possibilities to be changed by a user) and can send only via telnet, UDP or TCP (called eibPC - this is a KNX-logic machine)
06-02-2015, 11:40
(05-02-2015 20:43)EPIX Wrote:  I want to use Minim on a Syno 412+ (=linux NAS) and there is a package of your server available - so it should work "out of the box"

My homeautomation is a closed system (without possibilities to be changed by a user) and can send only via telnet, UDP or TCP (called eibPC - this is a KNX-logic machine)

Can the home automation system login to the Synology via Telnet and send a sequence of commands on the Telnet session?
09-02-2015, 20:45
(06-02-2015 11:40)simoncn Wrote:  
(05-02-2015 20:43)EPIX Wrote:  I want to use Minim on a Syno 412+ (=linux NAS) and there is a package of your server available - so it should work "out of the box"

Can the home automation system login to the Synology via Telnet and send a sequence of commands on the Telnet session?
Yes, I did this with my router to switch the POE Ports... Wink
23-02-2015, 18:37
(09-02-2015 20:45)EPIX Wrote:  Yes, I did this with my router to switch the POE Ports... Wink

Sorry for the delay in responding. You can manage the server's configuration by running commands via a Telnet connection but you can't control music playback this way. To control music playback, you need to use a UPnP control point.