Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MinimServer Set Up Help
04-02-2015, 21:36
MinimServer Set Up Help
I have installed MinimServer on my Synology NAS. Is there a tutorial or something which can explain how to set up the albums, etc. I am coming from JRiver, but this looks very different, and there is nothing to set up anything. I am sure I am missing something. Let me know. Thanks.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-02-2015, 21:49
RE: MinimServer Set Up Help
(04-02-2015 21:36)signature8 Wrote:  I have installed MinimServer on my Synology NAS. Is there a tutorial or something which can explain how to set up the albums, etc. I am coming from JRiver, but this looks very different, and there is nothing to set up anything. I am sure I am missing something. Let me know. Thanks.

Welcome to the MinimServer forum!

There is a brief overview of the basics on this page. To change the MinimServer configuration, you need to install MinimWatch on another computer. All the MinimServer configuration settings are described in the online User guide. If you have any specific questions after reading the User guide, please post them here.
04-02-2015, 21:53
Thank you for the response; so just to be sure, configuration can only be changed through MinimWatch, and not directly from MinimServer on the NAS. Thanks.
04-02-2015, 22:48
(04-02-2015 21:53)signature8 Wrote:  Thank you for the response; so just to be sure, configuration can only be changed through MinimWatch, and not directly from MinimServer on the NAS. Thanks.

That's right, except for setting the initial content directory as described on this page.
05-02-2015, 02:16
(04-02-2015 22:48)simoncn Wrote:  
(04-02-2015 21:53)signature8 Wrote:  Thank you for the response; so just to be sure, configuration can only be changed through MinimWatch, and not directly from MinimServer on the NAS. Thanks.

That's right, except for setting the initial content directory as described on this page.

Ok, got the MinimWatch to load, but clicking on the icon does not do anything.

Second, got Linn Kinsky on my iPad, it sees my MinimServer, but keeps on Searching for Room. Is there any other graphical user guide, video, etc. for help. Thanks.
05-02-2015, 10:54
(05-02-2015 02:16)signature8 Wrote:  Ok, got the MinimWatch to load, but clicking on the icon does not do anything.

If you're using Windows or Linux, you need to right-click the icon. I have updated this page to clarify this.

Quote:Second, got Linn Kinsky on my iPad, it sees my MinimServer, but keeps on Searching for Room. Is there any other graphical user guide, video, etc. for help. Thanks.

You can find user manuals for Kinsky on various platforms by doing a web search for Linn Kinsky manual.

The Room is your UPnP renderer (music player). Do you have a player active on your network?
06-02-2015, 03:48
(05-02-2015 10:54)simoncn Wrote:  
(05-02-2015 02:16)signature8 Wrote:  Ok, got the MinimWatch to load, but clicking on the icon does not do anything.

If you're using Windows or Linux, you need to right-click the icon. I have updated this page to clarify this.

Quote:Second, got Linn Kinsky on my iPad, it sees my MinimServer, but keeps on Searching for Room. Is there any other graphical user guide, video, etc. for help. Thanks.

You can find user manuals for Kinsky on various platforms by doing a web search for Linn Kinsky manual.

The Room is your UPnP renderer (music player). Do you have a player active on your network?

Right clicking brings standard windows commands, cut, paste, etc.

I meant Kazoo, I think Kazoo replaced Kinsky, I could not find Kinsky at all. Is Kazoo the right thing to use?

Do I need to install Bubble UPnp any where in the system (Synology and Windows Laptop with iPad control point)?
06-02-2015, 11:29
(06-02-2015 03:48)signature8 Wrote:  Right clicking brings standard windows commands, cut, paste, etc.

You are right-clicking on the wrong icon. When you double-click the MinimWatch desktop launch icon, MinimWatch will start and you will see a small icon with a minim symbol (musical note) in the system tray at the bottom right of the screen. This icon might be in the icon overflow area that is accessed by clicking the upward-pointing triangle. When you right-click on the small minim icon in the system tray, you will get the MinimWatch pop-up menu.

Quote:I meant Kazoo, I think Kazoo replaced Kinsky, I could not find Kinsky at all. Is Kazoo the right thing to use?

Kazoo won't show your library unless you have an active Linn DS in your system. Kinsky will show your library without a Linn DS being active. It is your choice whether to use Kazoo or Kinsky. Kinsky is still available from the iOS App Store (search for Kinsky).

Quote:Do I need to install Bubble UPnp any where in the system (Synology and Windows Laptop with iPad control point)?

BubbleUPnP runs on Android only, so you won't be able to install it.
26-02-2015, 21:19
I got MinimServer to load on NAS, have MinimWatch on PC. I am also running JRiver on another dedicated PC. I see AudioPC and my entire library on my iPad and iPhne with Kinsmy, but I do not see all my music albums on iPad or phone, may be just half. Lot of cover art is missing from MinimServer on my iPad and phone under Kinsky. MinimServer does not show many albums and cover art under Kimsky, that is the basic issue. Thanks.
27-02-2015, 00:17
(26-02-2015 21:19)signature8 Wrote:  I got MinimServer to load on NAS, have MinimWatch on PC. I am also running JRiver on another dedicated PC. I see AudioPC and my entire library on my iPad and iPhne with Kinsmy, but I do not see all my music albums on iPad or phone, may be just half. Lot of cover art is missing from MinimServer on my iPad and phone under Kinsky. MinimServer does not show many albums and cover art under Kimsky, that is the basic issue. Thanks.

The first step is to check the MinimServer log for error and warning messages. You can view this by selecting 'Show log' from the MinimWatch minim icon.