Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MinimServer Set Up Help
27-02-2015, 02:37
RE: MinimServer Set Up Help
These are the two types of errors I have (several of those):
Error: format error in WAV file 0 HDTrack......

and

Warning: Truncating incorrect value for DATE tag 1982-26-09 in file 06 Super......

What do they mean and and how do I fix them. Thanks.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
27-02-2015, 07:49
(27-02-2015 02:37)signature8 Wrote:  These are the two types of errors I have (several of those):

and

Warning: Truncating incorrect value for DATE tag 1982-26-09 in file 06 Super......

The first is probably caused by creating the file using an old buggy version of JRiver which didn't write the WAV format correctly. You can fix it by putting the file though a WAV to WAV conversion using a program such as dBpoweramp or a recent version of JRiver.

The second is caused by having the date in yyyy-dd-mm format. It should be yyyy-mm-dd. You can fix this using a tagging program such as Mp3tag.
01-03-2015, 10:54
(01-03-2015 00:17)signature8 Wrote:  I have ton of warnings; most are:
Error: format error in WAV file 02 Music.......

and

Warning: truncating for incorrect value for DATE tag 2004-28-01 in file......

Why and how to fix it. Please let me know. Thanks.

Please don't post the same question multiple times. I have already responded in post #12 of this thread.
01-03-2015, 15:35 (This post was last modified: 01-03-2015 15:36 by signature8.)
(27-02-2015 07:49)simoncn Wrote:  
(27-02-2015 02:37)signature8 Wrote:  These are the two types of errors I have (several of those):

and

The first is probably caused by creating the file using an old buggy version of JRiver which didn't write the WAV format correctly. You can fix it by putting the file though a WAV to WAV conversion using a program such as dBpoweramp or a recent version of JRiver.

The second is caused by having the date in yyyy-dd-mm format. It should be yyyy-mm-dd. You can fix this using a tagging program such as Mp3tag.

Sorry for multiple posts, some how I did not see my question being posted. Maybe I was doing something wrong.

Anyway, I will try that, but just to be sure; most of the files were ripped by me, so that may be the reason, but I used to use Windows Media Payer a lot for rips earlier, may be that did it. But there are some direct downloads from HDTracks, and SuperHiRez as WAV, and they are also in the list, but they may still be buggy.

My question is: would I lose quality by doing WAV to WAV conversion?

Would I lose quality if tI did WAV to Flac conversion this time while I am doing a conversion anyway? I would like to use JRiver, because I have it. Thanks.
01-03-2015, 16:16 (This post was last modified: 01-03-2015 16:18 by simoncn.)
(01-03-2015 15:35)signature8 Wrote:  Sorry for multiple posts, some how I did not see my question being posted. Maybe I was doing something wrong.

Anyway, I will try that, but just to be sure; most of the files were ripped by me, so that may be the reason, but I used to use Windows Media Payer a lot for rips earlier, may be that did it. But there are some direct downloads from HDTracks, and SuperHiRez as WAV, and they are also in the list, but they may still be buggy.

I have had other reports of files downloaded from HDTracks being bad. Sad

Quote:My question is: would I lose quality by doing WAV to WAV conversion?

Would I lose quality if tI did WAV to Flac conversion this time while I am doing a conversion anyway? I would like to use JRiver, because I have it. Thanks.

You wouldn't lose quality by doing either WAV to WAV conversion or WAV to FLAC conversion. Both of these are lossless formats. It's best to start with one album to make the sure the results are as you expect.

Which version of JRiver do you have? Some older versions didn't encode WAV and/or FLAC files correctly.
01-03-2015, 21:31
(01-03-2015 16:16)simoncn Wrote:  
(01-03-2015 15:35)signature8 Wrote:  Sorry for multiple posts, some how I did not see my question being posted. Maybe I was doing something wrong.

I have had other reports of files downloaded from HDTracks being bad. Sad

Quote:My question is: would I lose quality by doing WAV to WAV conversion?

You wouldn't lose quality by doing either WAV to WAV conversion or WAV to FLAC conversion. Both of these are lossless formats. It's best to start with one album to make the sure the results are as you expect.

Which version of JRiver do you have? Some older versions didn't encode WAV and/or FLAC files correctly.

Right now I am on current version. I tried few folder to convert the WAV file to Uncompressed Wave. It works no problems. Thanks again.
02-03-2015, 23:06
WAV to WAV conversion is working fine. Files/folders/albums are showing up in Kinsky. One thing I noticed; cover art for .dsf files is not showing up. I do not know why. Please let me know. I can change some setting in JRiver if needed. Thanks.
03-03-2015, 10:14 (This post was last modified: 03-03-2015 10:14 by simoncn.)
(02-03-2015 23:06)signature8 Wrote:  WAV to WAV conversion is working fine. Files/folders/albums are showing up in Kinsky. One thing I noticed; cover art for .dsf files is not showing up. I do not know why. Please let me know. I can change some setting in JRiver if needed. Thanks.

The cover art for a .dsf file would be in the ID3v2 tag in the file. Does the file contain an ID3v2 tag?
06-03-2015, 01:15
(03-03-2015 10:14)simoncn Wrote:  
(02-03-2015 23:06)signature8 Wrote:  WAV to WAV conversion is working fine. Files/folders/albums are showing up in Kinsky. One thing I noticed; cover art for .dsf files is not showing up. I do not know why. Please let me know. I can change some setting in JRiver if needed. Thanks.

The cover art for a .dsf file would be in the ID3v2 tag in the file. Does the file contain an ID3v2 tag?

No, I do not see any such Tag in file. Cover are is showing up though in JRiver. Thanks.
06-03-2015, 05:38 (This post was last modified: 06-03-2015 05:39 by InfernoSTi.)
Hi, I just wanted to add I had the same types of (and more) issues when I started but working through them worked out very well and now I am much more aware of my tagging and other file curation. It is well worth the extra effort, in my opinion (although I may not have felt that way at the time)!

Best,
John