Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Miniimserver Not fully starting
31-01-2015, 08:13
Miniimserver Not fully starting
Minimserver Running Qnap Ts112 , Have had it running for a long time, use it to feed an Auralic Aries, I have done two updates one to Java the other to my Asus Rt AC68u firmware, The firmware on the router has been reset to before the Upgrade. Uninstalled both Minimwatch and Minimserver updated both, Updated JRE_ARM to 8.60
The issue is that it stops scanning at the same point in the library , scans very slow and just seems to hang without completely starting. I have rebooted the nas several times and the problem persists. As I said this was working just fine and now it has become useless very perplexed
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
31-01-2015, 08:36 (This post was last modified: 31-01-2015 08:37 by simoncn.)
RE: Miniimserver Not fully starting
(31-01-2015 08:13)rmca99 Wrote:  Minimserver Running Qnap Ts112 , Have had it running for a long time, use it to feed an Auralic Aries, I have done two updates one to Java the other to my Asus Rt AC68u firmware, The firmware on the router has been reset to before the Upgrade. Uninstalled both Minimwatch and Minimserver updated both, Updated JRE_ARM to 8.60
The issue is that it stops scanning at the same point in the library , scans very slow and just seems to hang without completely starting. I have rebooted the nas several times and the problem persists. As I said this was working just fine and now it has become useless very perplexed

If you have a very large library, it's possible that MinimServer might be runnng out of memory. Another possible cause could be an HDD problem that causes disk retries when MinimServer is reading from a certain area of the HDD.

To get more information, you can use MinimWatch to show the MinimServer log window and change the logging level from Info to Verbose, then do a Rescan from the minim icon. This will show every folder that MinimServer is scanning. When you get the problem, what do you see happening in the log window?
31-01-2015, 14:17
I let the scan run all night,woke up 5 hrs later and the INFO log stated that Minimserver was running, Tried to view it on my Ipad and it was not visible, restarted the NAS, Ipad , re-scanned the network and with a few restarts of the Ipad Auralic Lightning App can now find Minim.Go Figure,
Thanks Simon,
Maybe you can help with this little issue, I am not partial to the Aries Lightning App so I use Linn Kinsky , the issue I have is that if an Album is in the MP3 format. Aries Lightning will play it but not the Linn Kinsky any suggestions
Cheers
31-01-2015, 14:54 (This post was last modified: 01-02-2015 19:06 by simoncn.)
(31-01-2015 14:17)rmca99 Wrote:  I let the scan run all night,woke up 5 hrs later and the INFO log stated that Minimserver was running, Tried to view it on my Ipad and it was not visible, restarted the NAS, Ipad , re-scanned the network and with a few restarts of the Ipad Auralic Lightning App can now find Minim.Go Figure,
Thanks Simon,
Maybe you can help with this little issue, I am not partial to the Aries Lightning App so I use Linn Kinsky , the issue I have is that if an Album is in the MP3 format. Aries Lightning will play it but not the Linn Kinsky any suggestions
Cheers

The UPnP protocol requires a device to advertise the MIME types it can play. Kinsky will not play a file to a device that doesn't advertise support for the file's MIME type. It sounds like the Aries has a bug and is not advertising support for the MIME type for MP3 files (audio/mpeg).
01-02-2015, 18:18
Thank You very much , Its something I can live with
Cheers