Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
update to 0.8.3 on readynas question
19-01-2015, 16:06
update to 0.8.3 on readynas question
Hello,

I installed the readynas (x86) package on my NAS (pro6) but the process is taking a lot of time. Is this normal? Maybe some kind of database conversion is part of the upgrade?

thanks,
Stefan
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
19-01-2015, 16:21 (This post was last modified: 19-01-2015 16:24 by DavidHB.)
RE: update to 0.8.3 on readynas question
What's a 'long time'?

When Minimserver starts for the first time, it has to scan and index all the music files in the target folder(s). This process can cake a bit of time, but I would be surprised if it took, say, many hours, unless the music collection is exceptionally large.

After this initial scan, subsequent rescans take much less time, as MinimServer maintains a cache of its scans.

Have you installed MinimWatch on your desktop computer to check whether MinimServer on the NAS is visisble?

David
19-01-2015, 16:24
(19-01-2015 16:21)DavidHB Wrote:  What's a 'long time'?

When Minimserver starts for the first time, it has to scan and index all the music files in the target folder(s). This process can cake a bit of time, but I would be surprised if it took, say, many hours, unless the music collection is exceptionally large.

After this initial scan, subsequent rescans take much less time, as MinimServer maintains a cache of its scans.

David

I mean the installation on readynas frontview. That is the package being installed on the NAS through a menu (install add-on). The busy "circle" keeps spinning even 30min later.
19-01-2015, 16:31
(19-01-2015 16:24)bossinga Wrote:  I mean the installation on readynas frontview. That is the package being installed on the NAS through a menu (install add-on). The busy "circle" keeps spinning even 30min later.

This is a ReadyNAS Frontview problem. On some NAS models, the installation sometimes hangs as you have described. Try refreshing the page in your browser. If the version shows as 0.8.3, the installation was successful. If the version shows as 0.8.2, try the installation again.

There should not be a full MinimServer rescan when you move from 0.8.2 to 0.8.3.
19-01-2015, 16:41
(19-01-2015 16:31)simoncn Wrote:  
(19-01-2015 16:24)bossinga Wrote:  I mean the installation on readynas frontview. That is the package being installed on the NAS through a menu (install add-on). The busy "circle" keeps spinning even 30min later.

This is a ReadyNAS Frontview problem. On some NAS models, the installation sometimes hangs as you have described. Try refreshing the page in your browser. If the version shows as 0.8.3, the installation was successful. If the version shows as 0.8.2, try the installation again.

There should not be a full MinimServer rescan when you move from 0.8.2 to 0.8.3.

ok, I restarted the NAS and it shows as 0.8.3
Also installed new ver. minimwatch and server is rescanning.

thanks,
Stefan Smile