18-01-2015, 16:07
RE: m3u playlist troubles
Quote:You can use either of the following:

(absolute path)
/volume1/music/FLAC/CD Archiv Pop/AC-DC/Black Ice/03 - Big Jack.flac

(relative path)
./CD Archiv Pop/AC-DC/Black Ice/03 - Big Jack.flac

Hi Simon,

Thanks for your reply. Is there a chance that MinimServer will be able to operate with backslash coded playlist files in a future release?
You could automatically replace any occuring \ by a / which would work for all playlists that follow the rules for cross platform compatibility. This is how it is done by nearly all media servers I know.

Meanwhile I will replace my playlist \s manually ;-)

greetings!
Wolfgang
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
18-01-2015, 17:47
(18-01-2015 16:07)Wolfgang Wrote:  Hi Simon,

Thanks for your reply. Is there a chance that MinimServer will be able to operate with backslash coded playlist files in a future release?
You could automatically replace any occuring \ by a / which would work for all playlists that follow the rules for cross platform compatibility. This is how it is done by nearly all media servers I know.

Meanwhile I will replace my playlist \s manually ;-)

greetings!
Wolfgang

If MinimServer is running on Linux, it uses Linux file paths. The backslash is a valid filename character in Linux. To create relative playlists containing forward slash path separators, you can use oddgravity Playlist Creator (see this page).
23-01-2015, 19:10 (This post was last modified: 23-01-2015 19:11 by Martin H.)
Simon

I won't start another thread but I am finding it difficult to pinpoint exsactly where to look for my answer.

I use Kinsky and Kazoo currently and of course minimserver (QNAP ARM). I want to be able to save playlists but I don't think I can do that yet on minimserver - I can see that it's supported or am I missing something? I realise I can use an existing playlist (some appear but no idea how they were created) Smile

I noticed that an older post intimated it was on your futures list. Is that still the case?

Do you have advice on the best way to create playlists that minimserver could then use?

Apologies if the answer is there but my forum search skills hadn't surfaced it.
23-01-2015, 19:18
(23-01-2015 19:10)Martin H Wrote:  Simon

I won't start another thread but I am finding it difficult to pinpoint exsactly where to look for my answer.

I use Kinsky and Kazoo currently and of course minimserver (QNAP ARM). I want to be able to save playlists but I don't think I can do that yet on minimserver - I can see that it's supported or am I missing something? I realise I can use an existing playlist (some appear but no idea how they were created) Smile

I noticed that an older post intimated it was on your futures list. Is that still the case?

Do you have advice on the best way to create playlists that minimserver could then use?

Apologies if the answer is there but my forum search skills hadn't surfaced it.

Please see the previous post on this thread. MinimServer supports saved .m3u playlist files in your library and you can create these by using oddgravity Playlist Creator (see this page).
23-01-2015, 19:47
(23-01-2015 19:18)simoncn Wrote:  
(23-01-2015 19:10)Martin H Wrote:  .........
Do you have advice on the best way to create playlists that minimserver could then use? Apologies if the answer is there but my forum search skills hadn't surfaced it.

Please see the previous post on this thread. MinimServer supports saved .m3u playlist files in your library and you can create these by using oddgravity Playlist Creator (see this page).

Apologies as I guess that post was your best advice for my final question for creating a minimserver (QNAP arm) playlist but I assume the answer to the other questions were a 'No'

i.e - I can't save a playlist from a control point to minimserver and it isn't on the road map?
23-01-2015, 21:36
(23-01-2015 19:47)Martin H Wrote:  i.e - I can't save a playlist from a control point to minimserver and it isn't on the road map?

You can't do this at present and I don't currently have any plans to add this feature in the short to medium term. This is mainly because there is no established industry standard protocol for doing this.
24-01-2015, 01:30
(23-01-2015 21:36)simoncn Wrote:  
(23-01-2015 19:47)Martin H Wrote:  i.e - I can't save a playlist from a control point to minimserver and it isn't on the road map?

You can't do this at present and I don't currently have any plans to add this feature in the short to medium term. This is mainly because there is no established industry standard protocol for doing this.

Thanks Simon - shame but understand the dilemma.