Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ARTIST tag shows the ALBUMARTIST content
17-01-2015, 16:35
ARTIST tag shows the ALBUMARTIST content
I just found that both branches - AlbumArtist and Artist - show the same entries. That means Artist shows the ALBUMARTIST tag, too. If I scroll down under Artists I see a "Various Artists" entry . Instead I would expect to find the ARTIST tag entries.
My files are all FLAC and they have correctly both ALBUMARTIST and ARTIST tags set.
For example ALBUMARTIST="Various Artists", ARTIST="The War On Drugs"
This file will show up under branch Artist by "Various Artists"

greets,
Wolfgang
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
17-01-2015, 16:52
RE: ARTIST tag shows the ALBUMARTIST content
(17-01-2015 16:35)Wolfgang Wrote:  I just found that both branches - AlbumArtist and Artist - show the same entries. That means Artist shows the ALBUMARTIST tag, too. If I scroll down under Artists I see a "Various Artists" entry . Instead I would expect to find the ARTIST tag entries.
My files are all FLAC and they have correctly both ALBUMARTIST and ARTIST tags set.
For example ALBUMARTIST="Various Artists", ARTIST="The War On Drugs"
This file will show up under branch Artist by "Various Artists"

greets,
Wolfgang

To see all your track artists, you need to use the All Artists index. The Artist index shows a single overall artist entry for each album.
17-01-2015, 17:12
RE: ARTIST tag shows the ALBUMARTIST content
Thank you for clarifying!
I changed the index tag from "Artist" to "All Artists" as recommended and now that works as expected. I found I still have the tag name Artist available in the configuration code though it was not explicitely added by its true name.

greets,
Wolfgang