Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ORIGARTIST (TOPE) not read by MinimServer
09-01-2015, 17:41
ORIGARTIST (TOPE) not read by MinimServer
Hello,

MinimServer is really a UPnP Server that makes everything possible I can dream of. But one thing I don't get to work:

I want a Control Point at the Top Level with name "Cover Versions". So I added an indexTag "OrigArtist:Cover Versions". I expected to see only Songs inside that have the tag ORIGARTIST set. And I set this tag only if it's cover version. But it didn't work.

In the tag mappings list I can't find the TOPE frame. So I wrote all Tags by the writeAllTags property and inside that generated file isn't either the tag ORIGARTIST nor the value that I saved inside that tag. Other custom tags are recognized, but not the TOPE frame.

Hope you can help me.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-01-2015, 18:17
RE: ORIGARTIST (TOPE) not read by MinimServer
Before getting to the complex issues that are really Simon's purview, it might be as well to get the obvious points out of the way first.

What exactly do you mean by 'didn't work'? Assuming that you have generated and populated (with at least two different values) the bespoke tag in at least a few albums, and listed that tag in your indexTags entry, you should see it in the browse list when more than one value of the tag is referenced in the current browse selection. Apart from that, I know of no way to make MinimServer display or not display indexed tags in the list.

Is the behaviour you are seeing consistent with this description?

David
09-01-2015, 18:51 (This post was last modified: 09-01-2015 18:55 by Mangar.)
Hello David,

sorry if you don't understand me very well because English isn't my native language. Confused But I try it again:

With 'didn't work' I mean that the bespoke tag is not seen in the browse list.

I describe what I have done:
With MP3Tag I wrote two additional tags, ORIGARTIST (that is saved in the file in the TOPE frame) and another custom TAG that I called "GRUPPE" (German for group). That tag is inside the TXXX frame. I posted two pictures, the first of MP3Tag and the second of the same file in a hex editor. I highlighted the questionable frames.

The I added the indexTags OrigArtist:Cover-Version, Gruppe. 'Gruppe' is shown in the browse list, the other not. In the mappings list of MinimServer (link in my original posting) the TOPE frame isn't mentioned, therefore I think it is ignored by MinimServer. I also don't know how to reference it in the indexTags. I just tried it with ORIGARTISTS, but this is the mapping of MP3Tag. So how should Minim interpret this? And if I look in the generated allTags list, the tag GRUPPE is inside it, but not the TOPE tag. And I searched for TOPE, ORIGARTISTS and the value that I wrote inside that tag.

Christof

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

09-01-2015, 19:42
(09-01-2015 17:41)Mangar Wrote:  Hello,

MinimServer is really a UPnP Server that makes everything possible I can dream of. But one thing I don't get to work:

I want a Control Point at the Top Level with name "Cover Versions". So I added an indexTag "OrigArtist:Cover Versions". I expected to see only Songs inside that have the tag ORIGARTIST set. And I set this tag only if it's cover version. But it didn't work.

In the tag mappings list I can't find the TOPE frame. So I wrote all Tags by the writeAllTags property and inside that generated file isn't either the tag ORIGARTIST nor the value that I saved inside that tag. Other custom tags are recognized, but not the TOPE frame.

Hope you can help me.

I will add support for mapping the TOPE frame to the ORIGINALARTIST tag in the next MinimServer update. It seems that ORIGINALARTIST is used more widely for this purpose than ORIGARTIST.
09-01-2015, 20:49
Thanks a lot, Simon. I'm looking forward to it.
09-01-2015, 21:04
@Mangar

Thank you for your explanation. There is nothing wrong with your English; it's my understanding that is at fault. I now understand your problem rather better, and am glad that Simon can see his way to a fix.

One of my reasons for standardising the whole of my collection on the FLAC format was that it kept me well away from the worst complexities of tag mapping. Issues like this one make me glad of that.

David
12-01-2015, 10:33
(09-01-2015 19:42)simoncn Wrote:  I will add support for mapping the TOPE frame to the ORIGINALARTIST tag in the next MinimServer update. It seems that ORIGINALARTIST is used more widely for this purpose than ORIGARTIST.

This support is now available in update 56.