Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MinimServer and Linn Kazoo
04-06-2015, 15:19
RE: MinimServer and Linn Kazoo
(01-06-2015 19:14)audio_elf Wrote:  
(31-05-2015 13:46)Jouby06 Wrote:  Hello

I have Linn kazoo running on my MBP.
It found my Minim server running on a synology NAS but it can't find Volumio running on my raspberry 2.
Is this app only working for Linn products?
Thanks!
Kazoo works with any OpenHome compliment streamer (I use it with a Naim and a Marantz via the BubbleUPnP Server software).

Do other OpenHome apps see Volumio (eg Lumin app)? Can non-OpenHome control points (e.g. Kinsky) see Volumio?

Lightning DS is working just fine on my iPad, seeing my Volumio unit, the same with Lumin app...
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
13-06-2015, 00:03
(01-06-2015 21:54)gnomus Wrote:  The playlist management has been improved in the latest release of Kazoo. However, there are still basic problems relating to album art. Sometimes, Kazoo will show me the album art for a completely different album. At other times it will show me no art at all. The search feature is somewhat useful, but one does have some limited search facility in Kinsky (on iPad anyway). I feel that Kazoo is a long way off being as useful as Kinsky.

re the album art. Linn advised me recently that the fault/reason had been identified and that both Linn and minimserver releases would be made to resolve it. Not sure what the issue was but should be fixed soon hopefully.
13-06-2015, 10:41 (This post was last modified: 13-06-2015 10:42 by simoncn.)
(13-06-2015 00:03)Martin H Wrote:  re the album art. Linn advised me recently that the fault/reason had been identified and that both Linn and minimserver releases would be made to resolve it. Not sure what the issue was but should be fixed soon hopefully.

This was caused by a problem in Mobile Safari (used by Kazoo on iOS to load album art images from the server). Working around it has required changes to both Kazoo and MinimServer.