Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MinimServer and Linn Kazoo
28-02-2015, 09:06
RE: MinimServer and Linn Kazoo
(27-02-2015 21:25)simoncn Wrote:  
(27-02-2015 12:53)Martin H Wrote:  I think it's my imagination but I on my PC I use the Hi-Res filter so that I can select tunes from the 'higher res' formats rather than the whole collection. This is really useful.

I thought it had worked on the iPad before too but the option isn't there this morning. Maybe it was never there at all and I have simply not noticed as I have often been at the PC doing that type of selection from the PC and then move around the house accessing the playlist on the ipad to refine it.

If it works on the PC it's yet another bit of weirdness that they haven't followed through onto the iPad.

Is this just me?
Has this feature always been missing from IOS?
Anyone understand why this would happen? i.e. is there a good technical reason why it can't be implemented on the IOS app?

What exactly do you mean by the Hi-Res filter? I dont see any mention of this in the Kazoo user manual.

Simon,

Sorry I am probably using the wrong term?

In an earlier thread you explained how to configure Minimserver so that a menu option for Hi-res appears. I.e. Artist, album, Hi-Res etc. when I click on that the files are grouped based in 24 bit or their kHZ etc. I use this a lot to narrow down my selections.

It always works on the PC but for some reason it doesn't work on the ipad. I assumed because it was in effect Minimserver content to a common player (albeit different OS) that it would be presented. I thought it had been previously but maybe I am getting confused as it still works on Kinsky.

Do you know if it should work on Kazoo?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
28-02-2015, 10:04
(28-02-2015 09:06)Martin H Wrote:  Simon,

In an earlier thread you explained how to configure Minimserver so that a menu option for Hi-res appears. I.e. Artist, album, Hi-Res etc. when I click on that the files are grouped based in 24 bit or their kHZ etc. I use this a lot to narrow down my selections.

It always works on the PC but for some reason it doesn't work on the ipad. I assumed because it was in effect Minimserver content to a common player (albeit different OS) that it would be presented. I thought it had been previously but maybe I am getting confused as it still works on Kinsky.

Thanks for the clarification. It sounds like this "Hi-Res" option is the #AudioData special tag in MinimServer, which can be renamed to suit the user's preference.

I am not having any difficulty accessing the index menu entry for the #AudioData special tag when using Kazoo running on my iPad.
01-03-2015, 02:26
(28-02-2015 10:04)simoncn Wrote:  

Thanks for the clarification. It sounds like this "Hi-Res" option is the #AudioData special tag in MinimServer, which can be renamed to suit the user's preference.

I am not having any difficulty accessing the index menu entry for the #AudioData special tag when using Kazoo running on my iPad.
Oh that's a little weird. I see it on my windows 7 PC and on Kinsky but don't see it on Kazoo. Will check again tomorrow when I can look at them all together. Very strange though as I thought ugly had been there previously.
01-03-2015, 03:17
Of all the not-so-good things Kazoo does, it for once does one thing perfectly. It supports the Retina display of the Macbook Pro. It looks great, except the gui is shittySmile
01-03-2015, 14:10
(01-03-2015 02:26)Martin H Wrote:  
(28-02-2015 10:04)simoncn Wrote:  

Oh that's a little weird. I see it on my windows 7 PC and on Kinsky but don't see it on Kazoo. Will check again tomorrow when I can look at them all together. Very strange though as I thought ugly had been there previously.
Simon. I took another look this morning and it was still the same but as I have minimserver running on 2 NAS and so I switched to the other one and it was fine on that. I switched back and everything is fine now on that one too. Really can't explain this but will keep an eye on it. I have never seen it before. If I see it again or work out what I was doing wrong I will post here.
01-03-2015, 16:09
(01-03-2015 14:10)Martin H Wrote:  Simon. I took another look this morning and it was still the same but as I have minimserver running on 2 NAS and so I switched to the other one and it was fine on that. I switched back and everything is fine now on that one too. Really can't explain this but will keep an eye on it. I have never seen it before. If I see it again or work out what I was doing wrong I will post here.

To see this index entry, you need to have #AudioData in indexTags. Perhaps your other NAS doesn't have this property setting.
01-03-2015, 21:08
(01-03-2015 16:09)simoncn Wrote:  
(01-03-2015 14:10)Martin H Wrote:  Simon. I took another look this morning and it was still the same but as I have minimserver running on 2 NAS and so I switched to the other one and it was fine on that. I switched back and everything is fine now on that one too. Really can't explain this but will keep an eye on it. I have never seen it before. If I see it again or work out what I was doing wrong I will post here.

To see this index entry, you need to have #AudioData in indexTags. Perhaps your other NAS doesn't have this property setting.

Thanks for the thought but it's not that. It is working fine now and I haven't changed a thing. I could see it using Kinsky but not Kazoo on the same NAS. Bit weird but I pointed Kazoo at the other server and then back again and it worked fine. All too weird. I am sure there is a smart or dumb explanation but for now I will just check it whenever I use Kazoo which I use for Tidal mostly.
31-05-2015, 13:46
Hello

I have Linn kazoo running on my MBP.
It found my Minim server running on a synology NAS but it can't find Volumio running on my raspberry 2.
Is this app only working for Linn products?
Thanks!
01-06-2015, 19:14
(31-05-2015 13:46)Jouby06 Wrote:  Hello

I have Linn kazoo running on my MBP.
It found my Minim server running on a synology NAS but it can't find Volumio running on my raspberry 2.
Is this app only working for Linn products?
Thanks!
Kazoo works with any OpenHome compliment streamer (I use it with a Naim and a Marantz via the BubbleUPnP Server software).

Do other OpenHome apps see Volumio (eg Lumin app)? Can non-OpenHome control points (e.g. Kinsky) see Volumio?
01-06-2015, 21:54
The playlist management has been improved in the latest release of Kazoo. However, there are still basic problems relating to album art. Sometimes, Kazoo will show me the album art for a completely different album. At other times it will show me no art at all. The search feature is somewhat useful, but one does have some limited search facility in Kinsky (on iPad anyway). I feel that Kazoo is a long way off being as useful as Kinsky.