Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Minimwatch will not run
06-01-2015, 04:28
Minimwatch will not run
I downloaded my first song from Pono Music tonight and put it in the correct folder this is the same folder configuration I used when I downloaded songs from HDtracks. I went to start Minimwatch and it came up with a Java error so I downloaded the newest version of jave and re-installed Minimwatch. Now the Minimwatch icon is orange and will not go green. I cannot see the new song I downloaded. Please help.

Attached File(s)
.docx  Minim log 1-5-15.docx (Size: 133.98 KB / Downloads: 1)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-01-2015, 04:43
RE: Minimwatch will not run
From my untrained knowledge it looks like the wrong java is installed. Look at the first line of the log. "Can't load AMD 64 bit .dll on a IA 32 platform".

I'm sure Simon will know exactly what the issue is though.
06-01-2015, 04:59
(06-01-2015 04:43)jtwrace Wrote:  From my untrained knowledge it looks like the wrong java is installed. Look at the first line of the log. "Can't load AMD 64 bit .dll on a IA 32 platform".

This was the original error before I re-installed everything.

On a different issue I updated Java on my Qnap and now the LINN won't play songs that it would before, bummer! It now locks up the Linn piece also.
06-01-2015, 05:02
(06-01-2015 04:59)BHT Wrote:  
(06-01-2015 04:43)jtwrace Wrote:  From my untrained knowledge it looks like the wrong java is installed. Look at the first line of the log. "Can't load AMD 64 bit .dll on a IA 32 platform".

On a different issue I updated Java on my Qnap and now the LINN won't play songs that it would before, bummer! It now locks up the Linn piece also.
Oh, then clear the log (bottom right) and rescan it. What does it show then?
06-01-2015, 07:44
(06-01-2015 05:02)jtwrace Wrote:  
(06-01-2015 04:59)BHT Wrote:  

Oh, then clear the log (bottom right) and rescan it. What does it show then?
OK,
So I had to remove Minimwatch from the computer and also remove Java. Re-Installed them back and now it works. Man this was an exercise. I do not know what caused this but I did see a thread saying that Java updated by it-self too 32bit. Maybe this is what happened but I don't really know. Thanks for the help! and Happy New Year.
06-01-2015, 09:17
(06-01-2015 07:44)BHT Wrote:  OK,
So I had to remove Minimwatch from the computer and also remove Java. Re-Installed them back and now it works. Man this was an exercise. I do not know what caused this but I did see a thread saying that Java updated by it-self too 32bit. Maybe this is what happened but I don't really know. Thanks for the help! and Happy New Year.

This auto-update from 64-bit Java to 32-bit Java has caused similar problems for other users. See the last paragraph of point 1 in this section.

To prevent this from happening again in the future, it might be better to run 32-bit Java and 32-bit MinimServer on your 64-bit OS.