Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Compilation tags - which fields does MinimServer read?
02-01-2015, 13:46
Compilation tags - which fields does MinimServer read?
Hi,
I've just been reading this Artist vs. AlbumArtist thread: http://forum1613.minimserver.com/showthr...ompilation

Which tags does MinimServer read if I use the index tag Compilation? According to the tag mappings it reads TCMP and iTunes cpil, but i see compilations listed which do not appear to have any of these tags present.

My objective is to show a subtree of only compilations. All my compilations are tagged with Album Artist as Various Artists.

Secondly, can i make MinimServer not show the submenu where I have to select Compilation=1? it would be great if selecting Compilation directly listed all compilation albums without this extra step.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-01-2015, 16:32
RE: Compilation tags - which fields does MinimServer read?
(02-01-2015 13:46)Barbie-qu Wrote:  Hi,
I've just been reading this Artist vs. AlbumArtist thread: http://forum1613.minimserver.com/showthr...ompilation

Which tags does MinimServer read if I use the index tag Compilation? According to the tag mappings it reads TCMP and iTunes cpil, but i see compilations listed which do not appear to have any of these tags present.

MinimServer reads the TCMP and cpil tags and it also reads any COMPILATION tags that are present.

Quote:My objective is to show a subtree of only compilations. All my compilations are tagged with Album Artist as Various Artists.

Can you do this by browsing to AlbumArtist > Various Artists or does this bring in other albums that aren't compilations?

Quote:Secondly, can i make MinimServer not show the submenu where I have to select Compilation=1? it would be great if selecting Compilation directly listed all compilation albums without this extra step.

MinimServer handles the Compilation tag just like all the other tags you have in indexTags. Because of this, there isn't any way to omit the second step.
03-01-2015, 00:29
RE: Compilation tags - which fields does MinimServer read?
Thanks Simon,
I think everything is probably as it should be. I just need to double check some of my tagging.

Quote:Can you do this by browsing to AlbumArtist > Various Artists or does this bring in other albums that aren't compilations?

Yes, this works fine, i just prefer to have a top level entry to my compilations for ease of access.

Quote:MinimServer handles the Compilation tag just like all the other tags you have in indexTags. Because of this, there isn't any way to omit the second step.
no problem, I just wanted to check i wan't missing a trick