Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Safe to run Java Manager package updates on Synology NAS?
29-12-2014, 16:07
Safe to run Java Manager package updates on Synology NAS?
Every so often, the Package Center on my DS412+ Synology NAS will offer me an update for the Java Manager package. Is it safe for me to run such updates as soon as they become available or is there a risk that this might break my MinimServer installation?

David
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
29-12-2014, 17:33
RE: Safe to run Java Manager package updates on Synology NAS?
(29-12-2014 16:07)haggis999 Wrote:  Every so often, the Package Center on my DS412+ Synology NAS will offer me an update for the Java Manager package. Is it safe for me to run such updates as soon as they become available or is there a risk that this might break my MinimServer installation?

David

There is always a small risk with making any change to installed software. For Java Manager updates, this risk should be very low.
29-12-2014, 17:41
Encouraged by your comments, I have just run the currently available Java Manager update on my NAS and MinimServer 0.8.2 has continued running without a hitch ;-)

David
29-12-2014, 17:59
(29-12-2014 17:41)haggis999 Wrote:  Encouraged by your comments, I have just run the currently available Java Manager update on my NAS and MinimServer 0.8.2 has continued running without a hitch ;-)

David

To make sure all is well, you should stop and restart MinimServer from the Package Center. Without this, you will still be using the previous installation of Java Manager.