Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Limitation on contentDir?
06-12-2014, 05:28
Limitation on contentDir?
I have eight entries in the contentDir field (each of which is a folder on my Synology NAS). I just tried to add another one, but the "+" button to the right of each contentDir listing is grayed out (the "-" one appears to be live). Is there a maximum of eight? Everything appears to be in order on the NAS -- I was able to log in, create the new directory, move files around, etc.

Thanks - David
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-12-2014, 08:21
RE: Limitation on contentDir?
(06-12-2014 05:28)magister Wrote:  I have eight entries in the contentDir field (each of which is a folder on my Synology NAS). I just tried to add another one, but the "+" button to the right of each contentDir listing is grayed out (the "-" one appears to be live). Is there a maximum of eight? Everything appears to be in order on the NAS -- I was able to log in, create the new directory, move files around, etc.

Thanks - David

There is a maximum of eight entries and it isn't possible to increase this limit. I have updated the User guide to clarify this.
06-12-2014, 16:54
(06-12-2014 08:21)simoncn Wrote:  There is a maximum of eight entries and it isn't possible to increase this limit. I have updated the User guide to clarify this.
Thank you Simon. I can move two or three of the smallest folders into an "other" folder as subfolders to get around this limit. Which raises a question: I use folder view fairly often when selecting music. Can folder view handle subdirectories? I imagine it can, but would like to confirm before moving things around.
06-12-2014, 16:57
(06-12-2014 16:54)magister Wrote:  Thank you Simon. I can move two or three of the smallest folders into an "other" folder as subfolders to get around this limit. Which raises a question: I use folder view fairly often when selecting music. Can folder view handle subdirectories? I imagine it can, but would like to confirm before moving things around.

Yes, folder view can handle any reasonable depth of subfolders underneath the folders in contentDir.
06-12-2014, 17:14
(06-12-2014 16:57)simoncn Wrote:  Yes, folder view can handle any reasonable depth of subfolders underneath the folders in contentDir.
Problem solved! Thanks again for the quick reply.