Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any new updates?
02-12-2014, 16:03
Any new updates?
The good news is that Minimserver & Minimwatch continue to work flawless. I'm just curious to know if there are any updates coming and if so, anything exciting? Smile
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-12-2014, 23:17
RE: Any new updates?
(02-12-2014 16:03)jtwrace Wrote:  The good news is that Minimserver & Minimwatch continue to work flawless. I'm just curious to know if there are any updates coming and if so, anything exciting? Smile

I'm currently working on a new release with some bug fixes and small enhancements. It doesn't have any major new features.
02-12-2014, 23:47
Hello,

And at the very beginning (have just created my account here Smile ) one question:
would it be possible to add to MinimServer "shared playlists" somewhen in the future ....? I am using Kinsky, and - in fact - just for this feature - need to run Kazoo ...
03-12-2014, 16:12
(02-12-2014 23:47)freshman Wrote:  Hello,

And at the very beginning (have just created my account here Smile ) one question:
would it be possible to add to MinimServer "shared playlists" somewhen in the future ....? I am using Kinsky, and - in fact - just for this feature - need to run Kazoo ...

Welcome to the MinimServer forum!

Shared playlists are a Linn proprietary feature and it isn't clear at the moment what plans Linn have for their future (I believe they aren't currently supported by Linn's Kazoo control point). There is also uncertainty about Linn's future plans for the proprietary protocol that the Kazoo control point uses to talk to Kazoo Server. Given these uncertainties, I don't think it would be a good idea at the moment for MinimServer to implement any Linn proprietary protocols.
03-12-2014, 18:36
Simon,
Many thanks for the clarification. I fully agree with you, that if nobody knows Linn's planns for Kazoo (hope, that, at least, Linn knows that Wink ), then it doesn't make sense to implement a feature, which can be disabled in the future at all Smile.
By the way - I'd like to thank you for a really good job - Minim server is, at the moment, IMHO, the most stable and powerfull audio DLNA server in the market. It is really amazing product Smile

BR
freshman