Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Display of Tags During Playback
19-11-2014, 21:00
Display of Tags During Playback
During playback (Oppo BDP-105), the tags that are displayed are Album, Artist, Title, Genre (likely not in that order, but those are the four). I would like YEAR to display as well and I'm ok with eliminating Genre if four is the limit. I've read the user guide and searched the forums, but the tagging part of MinimServer is going over my head. Is there an easy way to accomplish this?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
19-11-2014, 22:52
RE: Display of Tags During Playback
(19-11-2014 21:00)brownbear Wrote:  During playback (Oppo BDP-105), the tags that are displayed are Album, Artist, Title, Genre (likely not in that order, but those are the four). I would like YEAR to display as well and I'm ok with eliminating Genre if four is the limit. I've read the user guide and searched the forums, but the tagging part of MinimServer is going over my head. Is there an easy way to accomplish this?

It is up to the control point to choose what information it will display. MinimServer is sending the year to the control point, so this means the control point is choosing not to display it.

You can use the tagFormat property to include the year in one of the fields that the control point does display, such as Album or Title.
19-11-2014, 23:39
(19-11-2014 22:52)simoncn Wrote:  
(19-11-2014 21:00)brownbear Wrote:  During playback (Oppo BDP-105), the tags that are displayed are Album, Artist, Title, Genre (likely not in that order, but those are the four). I would like YEAR to display as well and I'm ok with eliminating Genre if four is the limit. I've read the user guide and searched the forums, but the tagging part of MinimServer is going over my head. Is there an easy way to accomplish this?

It is up to the control point to choose what information it will display. MinimServer is sending the year to the control point, so this means the control point is choosing not to display it.

You can use the tagFormat property to include the year in one of the fields that the control point does display, such as Album or Title.

Ok, so you're not talking about making a change in the tagFormat in Advanced Properties in MinimServer-right? You're just saying, for example, if you have an album called Please Please Me-tag it as Please Please Me 1963.
20-11-2014, 09:52
(19-11-2014 23:39)brownbear Wrote:  Ok, so you're not talking about making a change in the tagFormat in Advanced Properties in MinimServer-right? You're just saying, for example, if you have an album called Please Please Me-tag it as Please Please Me 1963.

I am talking about using the tagFormat in Advanced Properties in MinimServer. You can find information about how to do this in this section. For example, to change the display name of the album 'Please Please Me' to 'Please Please Me 1963' without doing any retagging, you would use the tagFormat setting

Album.displayFormat={$album^$date^ ^}

and restart MinimServer.
20-11-2014, 10:24
I really like this feature. I use it to append the album title with audiodata: album.displayFormat={$album$#audiodata}

So in any view that displays the album title, I see for example:

Elton John, 24/96000
Thriller, 24/88200
Every Kingdom, 24/44100
Back to Black, 16/44100

Although I have audiodata as one of the views available to the control point, its not always the way I want to look at albums but its interesting to see when you find an album, especially if you have it as both CD and a higher resolution. It was also useful with Lumin control point where you had a limited set of indexes available.

Peter
QNAP 559 ProII, Melco N1ZH, MinimServer, Linn, Lumin & Kazoo
21-11-2014, 07:43
(20-11-2014 09:52)simoncn Wrote:  
(19-11-2014 23:39)brownbear Wrote:  Ok, so you're not talking about making a change in the tagFormat in Advanced Properties in MinimServer-right? You're just saying, for example, if you have an album called Please Please Me-tag it as Please Please Me 1963.

I am talking about using the tagFormat in Advanced Properties in MinimServer. You can find information about how to do this in this section. For example, to change the display name of the album 'Please Please Me' to 'Please Please Me 1963' without doing any retagging, you would use the tagFormat setting

Album.displayFormat={$album^$date^ ^}

and restart MinimServer.

That didn't work, must be another Oppo limitation.
21-11-2014, 10:03
(21-11-2014 07:43)brownbear Wrote:  That didn't work, must be another Oppo limitation.

This would mean that the OPPO is reading the Album information from the tags in the file that is playing instead of getting this information from the control point. In this case, the only way to get the OPPO to display more information would be to retag your files.