Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Year sort question?
15-11-2014, 14:37
Year sort question?
I like to have my albums sorted by year, so that when I look at an AlbumArtist such as The Beatles, all their albums are listed chronically with the first album at the top of the list. However, when I use the 'Year' view the years are displayed from oldest first through to current year. Is there any way to differentiate between the two so that the Year view is current year first but AlbumArtist view still shows albums chronically? Cheers, Bill.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
17-11-2014, 13:03
RE: Year sort question?
(15-11-2014 14:37)Billzab Wrote:  I like to have my albums sorted by year, so that when I look at an AlbumArtist such as The Beatles, all their albums are listed chronically with the first album at the top of the list. However, when I use the 'Year' view the years are displayed from oldest first through to current year. Is there any way to differentiate between the two so that the Year view is current year first but AlbumArtist view still shows albums chronically? Cheers, Bill.

Thanks for this suggestion. The next release of MinimServer will support this by allowing you to enter a sort direction (+ or -) in the Album.sortTags setting. To get what you want, you would change Date to +Date in Album.sortTags.
17-11-2014, 20:02
Look forward to that Simon. Keep up the great work.

Bill.
02-09-2015, 08:08
(17-11-2014 13:03)simoncn Wrote:  
(15-11-2014 14:37)Billzab Wrote:  I like to have my albums sorted by year, so that when I look at an AlbumArtist such as The Beatles, all their albums are listed chronically with the first album at the top of the list. However, when I use the 'Year' view the years are displayed from oldest first through to current year. Is there any way to differentiate between the two so that the Year view is current year first but AlbumArtist view still shows albums chronically? Cheers, Bill.

Thanks for this suggestion. The next release of MinimServer will support this by allowing you to enter a sort direction (+ or -) in the Album.sortTags setting. To get what you want, you would change Date to +Date in Album.sortTags.

Hello,

When can we expect this feature to become available, as for me, the "added last month" or sort on "change date" is for me the most important way to select my music.
Thx in advance
02-09-2015, 20:26 (This post was last modified: 02-09-2015 20:41 by simoncn.)
(02-09-2015 08:08)luny Wrote:  
(17-11-2014 13:03)simoncn Wrote:  Thanks for this suggestion. The next release of MinimServer will support this by allowing you to enter a sort direction (+ or -) in the Album.sortTags setting. To get what you want, you would change Date to +Date in Album.sortTags.

Hello,

When can we expect this feature to become available, as for me, the "added last month" or sort on "change date" is for me the most important way to select my music.
Thx in advance

The change to support +Date in Album.sortTags was released in December 2014. Are you asking about this feature or about something else? If you are askng about something else, please start a new thread for the discussion.
03-09-2015, 08:17
(02-09-2015 20:26)simoncn Wrote:  
(02-09-2015 08:08)luny Wrote:  
(17-11-2014 13:03)simoncn Wrote:  Thanks for this suggestion. The next release of MinimServer will support this by allowing you to enter a sort direction (+ or -) in the Album.sortTags setting. To get what you want, you would change Date to +Date in Album.sortTags.

Hello,

Thx in advance

The change to support +Date in Album.sortTags was released in December 2014. Are you asking about this feature or about something else? If you are askng about something else, please start a new thread for the discussion.

Apologies, was referring to 'last change date'. Will ask elsewhere.