Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BubbleUPnP question
10-09-2014, 11:08
BubbleUPnP question
I'm contemplating a switch to using BubbleUPnP as a control point and have a question the answer to which is likely to determine whether or not I do switch.

I've found that the Audionet control point app I'm currently using has a major inconvenience for me; while details of the album are listed on all of the library screens they are not displayed on the Playlist or Player screens with this app. Where cover art is available there is usually no problem as it provides sufficient identity, however I use the 'album' tag to hold the 'work name' for classical music and as a result in most cases I do not have any related cover art. Hence my question:

Do the Playlist and Player screens on the BubbleUPnP control point app display the album title?

Thanks in advance for any responses.

System: ALAC iTunes library on Synology DS412+ (running MinimServer) > Airport Extreme bridge > Optical isolation > dCS Network Bridge (controlled by Galaxy Tab S2 tablet running BubbleUPnP&Mosaic) > PS Audio DirectStream DAC > Primare A60 > Harbeth SHL5plus 40th Anniversary model
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-09-2014, 12:37 (This post was last modified: 10-09-2014 12:41 by simoncn.)
RE: BubbleUPnP question
(10-09-2014 11:08)DavidL Wrote:  Do the Playlist and Player screens on the BubbleUPnP control point app display the album title?

There is an option to control whether to show the album on the Now Playing screen. I couldn't find a way to show it in the playlst.

Edit: An album art thumbnail is shown in the playlist. This gives some indication of what the album is.

Edit 2: You can select a 'Show metadata' pop-up from the playlist that includes the album name.
15-11-2014, 17:47
RE: BubbleUPnP question
(10-09-2014 12:37)simoncn Wrote:  
(10-09-2014 11:08)DavidL Wrote:  Do the Playlist and Player screens on the BubbleUPnP control point app display the album title?

There is an option to control whether to show the album on the Now Playing screen. I couldn't find a way to show it in the playlst.

Edit: An album art thumbnail is shown in the playlist. This gives some indication of what the album is.

Edit 2: You can select a 'Show metadata' pop-up from the playlist that includes the album name.

A belated "thank you"!

I bought an Assus Nexus 7 tablet (half the price of a corresponding iPad mini) a couple of months ago, installed the BubbleUPnP Android app and have been extremely pleased with the ease of use for controlling MinimServer - a huge improvement over the Audionet app I'd used previously. I've also used JRiverMC with JRemote and in my view the MinimServer / BubbleUPnP combination is equally good to use but without the hassle of the poor JRiverMC documentation or the need for a separate computer to run JRiverMC.

Thanks again Simon.

System: ALAC iTunes library on Synology DS412+ (running MinimServer) > Airport Extreme bridge > Optical isolation > dCS Network Bridge (controlled by Galaxy Tab S2 tablet running BubbleUPnP&Mosaic) > PS Audio DirectStream DAC > Primare A60 > Harbeth SHL5plus 40th Anniversary model