Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Showing newly added albums ?
14-11-2014, 18:11
Showing newly added albums ?
One feature I really miss in Minimserver is the ability to see my newly added albums. Is it possible to index the Folder view by 'date added' order so it shows the most recent added artist/album at the top of the list? Thanks.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
14-11-2014, 21:59
RE: Showing newly added albums ?
(14-11-2014 18:11)Billzab Wrote:  One feature I really miss in Minimserver is the ability to see my newly added albums. Is it possible to index the Folder view by 'date added' order so it shows the most recent added artist/album at the top of the list? Thanks.

This is on my to-do list. See this thread.
15-11-2014, 14:31
Good news Simon. This will really make Minimserver perfect IMHO. I recently gave Asset a look and it is way too complicated for me although it did show newly added albums. As mentioned in the other thread, a list of the recently added albums would be best way to go, especially if the user could decide how long the list is. Personally, I would be looking for the last 20 albums in order of most recent first.

Bill.
15-11-2014, 15:20
(15-11-2014 14:31)Billzab Wrote:  Good news Simon. This will really make Minimserver perfect IMHO. I recently gave Asset a look and it is way too complicated for me although it did show newly added albums. As mentioned in the other thread, a list of the recently added albums would be best way to go, especially if the user could decide how long the list is. Personally, I would be looking for the last 20 albums in order of most recent first.

Bill.

Why is it a problem if you get 50 (or 100) albums instead of 20? You can just look at the first 20 and not scroll down the list any further.
18-11-2014, 09:44
The only major thing missing from Minimserver in my opinion, then it will be perfect!
19-11-2014, 17:54
Hi also related to Naim and folder view.....I have just installed Minuim on my QNAP NAS to be used instead of Twonky with my Naim NDX streamer. (The reason I have moved from Twonky is because songs are displayed in alphabetical order in folder view).

The only view that I want to use is "Folder View" as this sorts the albums I want correctly as in my old CD rack

However, here are the problems I cannot resolve:

1) Folder View doesn't look like the other views such as Artist View in that the Artwork isn't displayed in the parent folder, it only displays on the actual albums and irritatingly on the actual songs themselves.

2) In folder view I get an irritating option of "TAG view" in each artist's folder. Can I get rid of this somehow.

Any advice you could give would be most appreciated.

Kind regards,
Trevor...
19-11-2014, 18:08 (This post was last modified: 19-11-2014 18:11 by simoncn.)
(19-11-2014 17:54)tjbn@live.co.uk Wrote:  Hi also related to Naim and folder view.....I have just installed Minuim on my QNAP NAS to be used instead of Twonky with my Naim NDX streamer. (The reason I have moved from Twonky is because songs are displayed in alphabetical order in folder view).

The only view that I want to use is "Folder View" as this sorts the albums I want correctly as in my old CD rack

However, here are the problems I cannot resolve:

1) Folder View doesn't look like the other views such as Artist View in that the Artwork isn't displayed in the parent folder, it only displays on the actual albums and irritatingly on the actual songs themselves.

2) In folder view I get an irritating option of "TAG view" in each artist's folder. Can I get rid of this somehow.

Any advice you could give would be most appreciated.

Kind regards,
Trevor...

Please don't post the same question to multiple threads. I have replied to your original post here.

Edit: Also, please don't add an off-topic post to a thread that was started for a different discussion.