Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tagging Compilation Albums
29-10-2014, 11:55
Tagging Compilation Albums
Don't know if anybody can help me with this?

When tagging compilation albums I set the AlbumArtist tag to 'Various Artists' and the Artist to whoever the individual song is by.

For some reason I can't find any of these artists when I search by 'Artist' in Kinsky.

Any reason why this is happening???

Thanks.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
29-10-2014, 12:00
RE: Tagging Compilation Albums
(29-10-2014 11:55)leighton buzzard Wrote:  Don't know if anybody can help me with this?

When tagging compilation albums I set the AlbumArtist tag to 'Various Artists' and the Artist to whoever the individual song is by.

For some reason I can't find any of these artists when I search by 'Artist' in Kinsky.

Any reason why this is happening???

Thanks.

You need to enable the All Artists index by adding All Artists to indexTags.
29-10-2014, 15:32
Thanks Simon

So simply changing 'Artist' to 'All Artists' in the Index Tag will resolve this?

I'm able to search by Artist in Kinsky which then displays Artists alphabetically and allows me to see the albums by that artist. Eg, The Beatles > Rubber Soul, Sgt. Pepper's, etc. However, I'm unable to find Artists when they're part of a compliation. Eg, Turin Brakes appear on the Acoustic album which displays when I search 'Various Artists' but they don't show up when I do an 'Artist' search.
29-10-2014, 16:05
(29-10-2014 15:32)leighton buzzard Wrote:  Thanks Simon

So simply changing 'Artist' to 'All Artists' in the Index Tag will resolve this?

I'm able to search by Artist in Kinsky which then displays Artists alphabetically and allows me to see the albums by that artist. Eg, The Beatles > Rubber Soul, Sgt. Pepper's, etc. However, I'm unable to find Artists when they're part of a compliation. Eg, Turin Brakes appear on the Acoustic album which displays when I search 'Various Artists' but they don't show up when I do an 'Artist' search.

See this section of the user guide for a description of how MinimServer handles the Artist and AlbumArtist tags.
29-10-2014, 18:26
Thanks. :-)

Looks like I need to remove the 'Artists' tag from the index tag and replace it with 'All Artists' and I'll be sorted.
29-10-2014, 20:22 (This post was last modified: 29-10-2014 20:23 by leighton buzzard.)
Ok, so I set 'All Artists' in the index tag and nothing. No 'All Artists' option in Kinsky at all. Restared and rescanned Minimwatch and no change. :-(

What am I doing wrong?
30-10-2014, 11:22
(29-10-2014 20:22)leighton buzzard Wrote:  Ok, so I set 'All Artists' in the index tag and nothing. No 'All Artists' option in Kinsky at all. Restared and rescanned Minimwatch and no change. :-(

What am I doing wrong?

Try closing and restarting Kinsky if you haven't already done this.