Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Installing MinimWatch
25-10-2014, 08:00
Installing MinimWatch
Good morning, I tried to install MinimWatch an a Win7 system with german language. In the end I will always be askes where the mwatch.jar-file should be extracted. Could it be that this a language problem because of different names of the directories program files, programme (x86) , ...?
Thank you in advance!
Frank
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
25-10-2014, 09:48
RE: Installing MinimWatch
(25-10-2014 08:00)800ASA Wrote:  Good morning, I tried to install MinimWatch an a Win7 system with german language. In the end I will always be askes where the mwatch.jar-file should be extracted. Could it be that this a language problem because of different names of the directories program files, programme (x86) , ...?
Thank you in advance!
Frank

This isn't related to your language setting.

When you install Java, the .jar file extension should be associated with the Java SE runtime executable. For some reason, this association has been changed and this is why you are getting the message. You can check this by using Control Panel > Default Programs > Set Associations. You should be able to fix it by uninstalling and reinstalling Java.
01-11-2014, 20:37
I installed MinimServer on my QNAP TS-219P NAS a couple of days ago and it seems to worke fine. After that I wanted to download MinimWatch version 0.8.2 for Windows x86 (32-bit) on my Windows7 (32-bit) laptop but the link on the downloadpage does not work properly. I assume you renamed the file, so the index points to the wrong file name. Could you please resolve my problem?

Thanks in advance!
01-11-2014, 20:52
(01-11-2014 20:37)MinimUser Wrote:  I installed MinimServer on my QNAP TS-219P NAS a couple of days ago and it seems to worke fine. After that I wanted to download MinimWatch version 0.8.2 for Windows x86 (32-bit) on my Windows7 (32-bit) laptop but the link on the downloadpage does not work properly. I assume you renamed the file, so the index points to the wrong file name. Could you please resolve my problem?

Thanks in advance!

This link is working OK for me. What exactly happens when you click it and which browser are you using?
01-11-2014, 21:04
(01-11-2014 20:52)simoncn Wrote:  
(01-11-2014 20:37)MinimUser Wrote:  I installed MinimServer on my QNAP TS-219P NAS a couple of days ago and it seems to worke fine. After that I wanted to download MinimWatch version 0.8.2 for Windows x86 (32-bit) on my Windows7 (32-bit) laptop but the link on the downloadpage does not work properly. I assume you renamed the file, so the index points to the wrong file name. Could you please resolve my problem?

Thanks in advance!

This link is working OK for me. What exactly happens when you click it and which browser are you using?

Apparently the link is being blocked bij IE9. Using Chrome I did not experience problems anymore. Thanks for your quick response!
22-12-2014, 23:47
I have tried to install Minim Watch on my Pc (Windows 7) with Minim Server on QNAP TS-112 as a NAS. I downloaded the 64 bit version of Java, the program seems to install correctly but just doesn't start either from the program list or from the desk top icon.

I have deleted the program and tried again but still no luck.

Can anyone help please?

PS I am a real beginner in all this so kindly make any instructions idiot friendly!
23-12-2014, 11:35
(22-12-2014 23:47)chrisd Wrote:  I have tried to install Minim Watch on my Pc (Windows 7) with Minim Server on QNAP TS-112 as a NAS. I downloaded the 64 bit version of Java, the program seems to install correctly but just doesn't start either from the program list or from the desk top icon.

Can anyone help please?

PS I am a real beginner in all this so kindly make any instructions idiot friendly!

Please check the Windows program association for .jar files. You can find this in "Control Panel > Default Programs > Associate a file type or protocol with a program". The correct program association is Java (TM) Platform SE binary.

If this association is incorrect or missing, you might be able to fix it by reinstalling Java.
24-12-2014, 00:59
(23-12-2014 11:35)simoncn Wrote:  
(22-12-2014 23:47)chrisd Wrote:  I have tried to install Minim Watch on my Pc (Windows 7) with Minim Server on QNAP TS-112 as a NAS. I downloaded the 64 bit version of Java, the program seems to install correctly but just doesn't start either from the program list or from the desk top icon.

Can anyone help please?

Please check the Windows program association for .jar files. You can find this in "Control Panel > Default Programs > Associate a file type or protocol with a program". The correct program association is Java (TM) Platform SE binary.

If this association is incorrect or missing, you might be able to fix it by reinstalling Java.

Hi - I have looked and .jar is associated with Java™ Platform SE Binary. Where do I go from here?

BTW - your help is much appreciated...

Chris
24-12-2014, 10:05
(24-12-2014 00:59)chrisd Wrote:  Hi - I have looked and .jar is associated with Java™ Platform SE Binary. Where do I go from here?

Chris

Are you sure the program isn't starting? When it starts, it creates a small icon with a minim symbol (musical note) in the system tray or the system tray overflow area. To interact with the program, you need to right-click the minim icon.
24-12-2014, 10:44
(24-12-2014 10:05)simoncn Wrote:  [quote='chrisd' pid='12859' dateline='1419379151']
Hi - I have looked and .jar is associated with Java™ Platform SE Binary. Where do I go from here?

Chris

Are you sure the program isn't starting? When it starts, it creates a small icon with a minim symbol (musical note) in the system tray or the system tray overflow area. To interact with the program, you need to right-click the minim icon.
[/quote

The Minim icon is there but right clicking produces nothing. ..no access screen or any indication of the program starting. What should happen?

Chris