Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
better Multiple Artist/Genre support in LUMIN controller app
14-11-2012, 18:42
better Multiple Artist/Genre support in LUMIN controller app
Hi simon,

At Linn DS forum, I posted my new LUMIN controller app. And your server is the best match!

Some mentioned a problem of multiple artist which a single artist name contain a "," and LUMIN app treat it as 2 artists.

http://forums.linn.co.uk/bb/showthread.p...#pid225663

Unlike a generic UPnP controller, LUMIN app does not simply browse a server tree. LUMIN will look for the "Album" container, then grab all the album detail in it. And build a local song database inside the app.

In this case, even though there are proper multiple pairs of artist metadata in a FLAC file, a UPnP server will always give a single line of string with all artist (or genre etc) name combined with "," separator. LUMIN app simply can not distinguish a "," in that line of artist string is within a single artist or different artist.

Is my understanding correct? If so could we think of some better way of doing this?

Thanks in advance.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
14-11-2012, 20:01
RE: better Multiple Artist/Genre support in LUMIN controller app
(14-11-2012 18:42)psme Wrote:  Hi simon,

At Linn DS forum, I posted my new LUMIN controller app. And your server is the best match!

Some mentioned a problem of multiple artist which a single artist name contain a "," and LUMIN app treat it as 2 artists.

http://forums.linn.co.uk/bb/showthread.p...#pid225663

Unlike a generic UPnP controller, LUMIN app does not simply browse a server tree. LUMIN will look for the "Album" container, then grab all the album detail in it. And build a local song database inside the app.

In this case, even though there are proper multiple pairs of artist metadata in a FLAC file, a UPnP server will always give a single line of string with all artist (or genre etc) name combined with "," separator. LUMIN app simply can not distinguish a "," in that line of artist string is within a single artist or different artist.

Is my understanding correct? If so could we think of some better way of doing this?

Thanks in advance.

I've just responded to the thread on the Linn forum. It's probably best to keep all the discussion on this topic on the Linn thread at the moment.
14-11-2012, 20:22
Okay, and thanks! MinimServer is the best! Smile
15-11-2012, 04:45
I'm thinking, before MinimServer adds support for multiple <upnp:artist> tags, can there is be any temporary workaround using TagUpdate file.

Does TagUpdate support partial match and replace? For example:

artist in metadata:

FirstName, LastName

in TagUpdate, set a rule to replace ", " to ", "

@ARTIST=,
=ARTIST=,

So that, LUMIN app won't auto separate the artist name, and visually it won't look so bad with a extra space!
15-11-2012, 09:37
(15-11-2012 04:45)psme Wrote:  I'm thinking, before MinimServer adds support for multiple <upnp:artist> tags, can there is be any temporary workaround using TagUpdate file.

Does TagUpdate support partial match and replace? For example:

artist in metadata:

FirstName, LastName

in TagUpdate, set a rule to replace ", " to ", "

@ARTIST=,
=ARTIST=,

So that, LUMIN app won't auto separate the artist name, and visually it won't look so bad with a extra space!

The tag updates facility only supports matching and replacing on the complete tag value.