Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hi New Guy Question
21-10-2014, 16:21
Hi New Guy Question
Hello folks new guy here and I have what is probably a simple question. How do I make Minimserver ignore "THE" in the artist name? I'd like The Beatles to show up under B instead of T..

And please, make it simple I'm a simple guy :-)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
21-10-2014, 16:35
RE: Hi New Guy Question
(21-10-2014 16:21)ErikM Wrote:  Hello folks new guy here and I have what is probably a simple question. How do I make Minimserver ignore "THE" in the artist name? I'd like The Beatles to show up under B instead of T..

And please, make it simple I'm a simple guy :-)

Click on minimwatch icon found in the taskbar, go to the minimserver properties and add in the tagOptions property this line = all.ignore.sort={The} (without =) Restart the server and you are done.
21-10-2014, 16:48
In the TagOptions field I have this: "Album.sortTags={Album, Artist}" do I just add = all.ignore.sort={The} (without =) right after it ,before it or remove I tried and I got an error message..
21-10-2014, 20:04 (This post was last modified: 21-10-2014 20:09 by Peter@57m.)
you want them both in any order but separated with a comma

for example my tagOptions contains Album.sortTags={Artist,Album},Date.indexValue.yearOnly,all.sortValue.ignoreThe

Here is the section of the manual

ignore [NEW] The value for this option is a comma-separated list of initial words that will be ignored for sorting, indexing or display purposes. This option must be suffixed as described in the Tag value customization section. For example, you can use the option Artist.ignore.sort={The} to sort the Artist tag value "The Beatles" as if it were "Beatles, The" while showing it in the index as "The Beatles". If you also want to see the index value as "Beatles, The", you can use the option Artist.ignore.sort.index={The}.

Peter
QNAP 559 ProII, Melco N1ZH, MinimServer, Linn, Lumin & Kazoo
21-10-2014, 20:24 (This post was last modified: 21-10-2014 20:28 by ErikM.)
It keeps telling me Syntax Error..and the little note turns red in the menu bar
21-10-2014, 20:28
This is what's in the TagOptions Field Album.sortTags={Album, Artist}
I tried this Album.sortTags={Album, Artist},= all.ignore.sort={The} (without =) Still get Syntax Error
21-10-2014, 21:15
Try

Album.sortTags={Album, Artist},all.ignore.sort={The}

Note that there is nothing (not even a space) other than the comma between the two sections of tagOptions. As a matter of interest, my own version of this setting is a more complicated variant of the same theme, that is

Album.sortTags={Genre,ComposerSort,Album},all.ignore.sort={The,Der,Die,Das,Le,La​,Les,Il,El}

(Ignore any line breaks your browser puts in this). It works perfectly for me.

David
21-10-2014, 21:38
I copied and pasted it Album.sortTags={Album, Artist},all.ignore.sort={The} no joy
21-10-2014, 21:58
(21-10-2014 21:38)ErikM Wrote:  I copied and pasted it Album.sortTags={Album, Artist},all.ignore.sort={The} no joy

Album.sortTags={Date, Album, Artist}, all.ignore.sort={The}
21-10-2014, 22:23
Nope..still no luck..And I'm rescanning after changes.. I've even rebooted the Nas..

In case it matters. I'm have Minimserver installed on a Synology DS214Play.. I have Watch installed on an iMac.. The control point I'm using is the Auralic's Lightening DS