Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MinimServer on Asustor AS-302T NAS
20-10-2014, 13:36
MinimServer on Asustor AS-302T NAS
Hi
I have recently purchased an Asustor AS-302T NAS which has a 3.5mm audio out jack. I have downloaded MinimServer from App Central onto the NAS and minimwatch onto my laptop which is running windows 8.1. I have also installed Foobar2000 as a client on my laptop and now I am able to play music from Minimserver on my laptop. However my intention was to output the music through the audio output jack on the NAS to my Sony AV Receiver. Asustor provide another music player called Soundsgood on the NAS, which does output the music through the Audio out jack. but I have to log into the NAS to use it. Has anybody got any ideas if this can be done? I looked at another thread that touched on this subject, but it didn't reach any conclusion
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
20-10-2014, 14:33
RE: MinimServer on Asustor AS-302T NAS
(20-10-2014 13:36)Peter Hall Wrote:  Hi
I have recently purchased an Asustor AS-302T NAS which has a 3.5mm audio out jack. I have downloaded MinimServer from App Central onto the NAS and minimwatch onto my laptop which is running windows 8.1. I have also installed Foobar2000 as a client on my laptop and now I am able to play music from Minimserver on my laptop. However my intention was to output the music through the audio output jack on the NAS to my Sony AV Receiver. Asustor provide another music player called Soundsgood on the NAS, which does output the music through the Audio out jack. but I have to log into the NAS to use it. Has anybody got any ideas if this can be done? I looked at another thread that touched on this subject, but it didn't reach any conclusion

I was able to make playback via the ASUSTOR audio jack work using XBMC (with some difficulty) but not using Soundsgood. See this post.
23-10-2014, 13:18
RE: MinimServer on Asustor AS-302T NAS
Thanks for your prompt reply simoncn. I have had a good look at the post you recommended. However I do not have an IOS device, I only have a windows 8.1 laptop at this stage. I have now tried to setup 2 different remote xbmc apps which I downloaded from the Windows App Store on my laptop, but couldn't get either of them to work and they had almost no documentation. I think I will look for a different and simpler solution to play my music from the NAS.