Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
playing dsd files
18-10-2014, 09:46
RE: playing dsd files
These are downloaded files from several downloadservices ( Channel Classics, 2L). These files didn't have any problems before playing from the same laptop with a USB connection on the same (iFI) DAC
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
18-10-2014, 10:58
(18-10-2014 09:46)boling Wrote:  These are downloaded files from several downloadservices ( Channel Classics, 2L). These files didn't have any problems before playing from the same laptop with a USB connection on the same (iFI) DAC

I presume you are using JRiver as the UPnP control point and the SOtM sMS-100 as the UPnP renderer. Is it possible that you have an incorrect setting in JRiver? Can you try a different control point such as BubbleUPnP or Linn Kinsky to see whether you get the same problem?
18-10-2014, 15:13
In JRiver I have ticked the box DoP in the Mediaserver division. Tomorrow I will try Linn Kinsky (on an IPad) and BubbleUPnP on an Android
18-10-2014, 15:27
(18-10-2014 15:13)boling Wrote:  In JRiver I have ticked the box DoP in the Mediaserver division.

This doesn't seem correct. Your media server is MinimServer, not JRiver. MinimServer is handling the DoP transcoding, so JRiver shouldn't be doing any DoP processing. JRiver should think it's just playing a WAV file served by MinimServer. (The DAC will detect that the WAV file contains DoP information.)
19-10-2014, 13:53
Linn Kinsky on an IPad won't play dsd files
19-10-2014, 13:55
The JRiver display tell me that it is using Minimserver and the SOtM is the renderer
19-10-2014, 15:20 (This post was last modified: 19-10-2014 15:20 by simoncn.)
(19-10-2014 13:53)boling Wrote:  Linn Kinsky on an IPad won't play dsd files

When you are using DoP/WAV transcoding in MinimServer/MinimStreamer, Kinsky sees the file as a 24/176 WAV file. If this isn't happening, you don't have the MinimServer/MinimStreamer transcoding properties set correctly.
20-10-2014, 12:08
After I changed dsf in dff in the transcode column. All worked well. I am playing now with Linn Kinsky: marvellous! Thanks!
22-10-2014, 22:58
Also the JRiver connection is working well with dff/dsf files. The only small inconvenience is a small bump after the music stopped. Is this a DoP problem?
PS: if you use an USB-dac sometimes you have in the JRiver settings menu to tick a box to have a smal short mute
23-10-2014, 09:14
(22-10-2014 22:58)boling Wrote:  Also the JRiver connection is working well with dff/dsf files. The only small inconvenience is a small bump after the music stopped. Is this a DoP problem?
PS: if you use an USB-dac sometimes you have in the JRiver settings menu to tick a box to have a smal short mute

Do you hear the small bump with .dsf files, .dff files or both of these?