Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Folder View Showing Tag Value.
20-11-2012, 22:30
Folder View Showing Tag Value.
Hi,
I have been having trouble with downloaded broadcast audio files which have been saved as .M4a files. First step to getting them to play on Linn Majik has been to rename them all to be .mp4.

Some renamed programme series are still causing stalls and errors. (I have not yet looked at minimserver log files) but there was one file in series which had an inconsistent name and so appeared out of sequence. I renamed it to be consistent with the other five files in the series and it them appeared in correct place in list when viewed in web browser on NAS. Using folder view in BubbleDS I expected to see the same correct list but the last file was still showing the earlier file name. I checked a few times but the file name was correct. On checking the tagged value however the earlier name was still on the tag. If I am using folder view why should this happen? Is it a minimserver or Bubble DS issue?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
20-11-2012, 23:37
RE: Folder View Showing Tag Value.
(20-11-2012 22:30)Budgie Wrote:  Hi,
I have been having trouble with downloaded broadcast audio files which have been saved as .M4a files. First step to getting them to play on Linn Majik has been to rename them all to be .mp4.

Some renamed programme series are still causing stalls and errors. (I have not yet looked at minimserver log files) but there was one file in series which had an inconsistent name and so appeared out of sequence. I renamed it to be consistent with the other five files in the series and it them appeared in correct place in list when viewed in web browser on NAS. Using folder view in BubbleDS I expected to see the same correct list but the last file was still showing the earlier file name. I checked a few times but the file name was correct. On checking the tagged value however the earlier name was still on the tag. If I am using folder view why should this happen? Is it a minimserver or Bubble DS issue?

In folder view you'll see the contents of a folder, with tagged information for each audio file in the folder. If there's no tagged information for an audio file, you'll see the filename instead. This information is produced by MinimServer and displayed by BubbleDS. From your description, both MinimServer and BubbleDS are working correctly.
21-11-2012, 00:01
RE: Folder View Showing Tag Value.
(20-11-2012 23:37)simoncn Wrote:  
(20-11-2012 22:30)Budgie Wrote:  Hi,

In folder view you'll see the contents of a folder, with tagged information for each audio file in the folder. If there's no tagged information for an audio file, you'll see the filename instead. This information is produced by MinimServer and displayed by BubbleDS. From your description, both MinimServer and BubbleDS are working correctly.
Hi Simon,
Thanks for clarifying. I had wrongly assumed that in folder view I would see the filename and only see the tag in tag view. I now have all tags looking correct so will go back to getting them all to play!
Regards,
Budgie