Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Strange error
13-10-2014, 11:05 (This post was last modified: 13-10-2014 11:07 by mccormw.)
Strange error
Anyone seen this problem. I installed Macrium reflect disk imager yesterday and get this error today.

My first instinct was to uninstall the Macrium software but thought I might ask first.

btw my processor is Intel NOT AMD.

ps I have added a bit of screen image as an attachment, please click below.

Bill

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
13-10-2014, 11:33
RE: Strange error
(13-10-2014 11:05)mccormw Wrote:  Anyone seen this problem. I installed Macrium reflect disk imager yesterday and get this error today.

My first instinct was to uninstall the Macrium software but thought I might ask first.

btw my processor is Intel NOT AMD.

ps I have added a bit of screen image as an attachment, please click below.

Bill

This isn't related to Macrium. For a solution, see point 1 of this section.
13-10-2014, 12:43 (This post was last modified: 13-10-2014 12:45 by mccormw.)
Thank you Simon, that fixed it. I had forgotten. My web browser was carping on about my Java being out-of-date and so I also installed that but it gave me no choices, just installed it. I assume that it did not install the 64 bit version and the mention of AMD was a red herring. I can't imagine that it installed an AMD runtime.

Thanks again Simon.

ps is there a way I can tell if I am running the 64 or 32bit version of minimwatch?
13-10-2014, 13:45
(13-10-2014 12:43)mccormw Wrote:  Thank you Simon, that fixed it. I had forgotten. My web browser was carping on about my Java being out-of-date and so I also installed that but it gave me no choices, just installed it. I assume that it did not install the 64 bit version and the mention of AMD was a red herring. I can't imagine that it installed an AMD runtime.

For historical reasons, the 64-bit architecture used by current Windows PCs is referred to as AMD64.

Quote:Thanks again Simon.

ps is there a way I can tell if I am running the 64 or 32bit version of minimwatch?

From the minim icon, select Options > Properties (watch) and click the Modules tab. If you see one or more lines starting "ohnet(windows-x86)", you are running the 32-bit version of MinimWatch. If you see "ohnet(windows-x64)", you are running the 64-bit version of MinimWatch.
13-10-2014, 18:29
Cheers Simon. Yes I am running the 64 bit version which makes sense from what you said about AMD64.

Well all seems OK, thanks again.