Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Installing BubbleUPnP Server next to MinimServer on ReadyNAS
02-10-2014, 20:30 (This post was last modified: 02-10-2014 20:31 by RvdP.)
Installing BubbleUPnP Server next to MinimServer on ReadyNAS
All,

I've successfully installed Java and MinimServer on my ReadyNAS NVX Pioneer Edition, so far so good. Smile

But, as it appears MinimServer isn't Open Home Media compatible (?) or at least: it doesn't offer me the locally stored playlist that makes synchronized playlist management over multiple devices possible. (or am I overlooking something?)

Now as I see it, I could setup BubbleUPnP Server next to MinimServer to add this functionality...

...if I only could find a way to install that application on my ReadyNAS NVX. Sad Can't seem to find a valid ad-on package for it!

Anyone able to help me out? Would be much appreciated!

- Thanks!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-10-2014, 20:36 (This post was last modified: 02-10-2014 20:37 by simoncn.)
RE: Installing BubbleUPnP Server next to MinimServer on ReadyNAS
(02-10-2014 20:30)RvdP Wrote:  All,

I've successfully installed Java and MinimServer on my ReadyNAS NVX Pioneer Edition, so far so good. Smile

But, as it appears MinimServer isn't Open Home Media compatible (?) or at least: it doesn't offer me the locally stored playlist that makes synchronized playlist management over multiple devices possible. (or am I overlooking something?)

You're correct that MinimServer doesn't support this.

Quote:Now as I see it, I could setup BubbleUPnP Server next to MinimServer to add this functionality...

...if I only could find a way to install that application on my ReadyNAS NVX. Sad Can't seem to find a valid ad-on package for it!

Anyone able to help me out? Would be much appreciated!

- Thanks!

I'm not aware of a ReadyNAS add-on for BubbleUPnP Server. The best place to ask for advice would probably be the BubbleUPnP forum.
03-10-2014, 20:22
(02-10-2014 20:36)simoncn Wrote:  I'm not aware of a ReadyNAS add-on for BubbleUPnP Server. The best place to ask for advice would probably be the BubbleUPnP forum.

Hi Simoncn - thanks for your quick reply. You're right, there's no (official) ReadyNAS add-on for it. That's exactly my challenge.

So, I was hoping to perhaps find someone on this forum with lot's of users having comparable setups, who either had done exactly this before or knows a way for me to get this done.

Perhaps anyone knows how to make a valid package for the ReadyNAS, so I can execute that process on the BubbleUPnP Server installation files that are available?

I've posted this question on several boards hoping to find some answers and just a moment ago I indeed found the BubbleUPnP support forum where I posted my help-request. If I happen to find the solution elsewhere, I'd be happy to share it here for someone else facing this problem later on..
24-02-2015, 23:36
Hello

I guess you have seen this thread :

http://www.readynas.com/forum/viewtopic....22&t=74228
24-02-2015, 23:51
(24-02-2015 23:36)lyapounov Wrote:  Hello

I guess you have seen this thread :

http://www.readynas.com/forum/viewtopic....22&t=74228

I hadn't seen this before and I'm not sure why you have posted this link.