Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Issue with Marantz
19-02-2015, 16:33 (This post was last modified: 19-02-2015 16:54 by lyapounov.)
Issue with Marantz
Hello

I hope it is a proper place to ask this question.

I have minimServer on a synology, and I have big issue with Marantz player (I have a MCR610), which is to find a proper IOS controller.

- the Marantz app is more than rubbish : ugly cosmetic no image, but worst, when you browse by folder, it sorts the tracks by alphabetic order without consideration for the track number or the album number -> to trash

- Lumin (my favorite) and Kazoo don't see the Marantz device

- Kinsky does, but when loading an album, it plays first track, then stops. No way to move to next track (the source is uPnP, no playlist source)

- PlugPlayer seems to be OK, but the ergonomy is more than basic

- DS Audio is almost perfect, but it does not see the minimserver...

Has someone found a solution by any chance ?

I'll continue searching on my side

Thanks !
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
19-02-2015, 18:26
RE: Issue with Marantz
(19-02-2015 16:33)lyapounov Wrote:  - DS Audio is almost perfect, but it does not see the minimserver...

DS Audio is not a UPnP control point. It plays files from local disk only.
19-02-2015, 18:35
Got it. I was troubled because DS AUDIO proposes to render either on "Marantz air play" or "Marantz DLNA"

But on the server side, it reads file on the synology, it does not get file from synology server.

Thx Simon.
24-02-2015, 00:47 (This post was last modified: 24-02-2015 01:44 by lyapounov.)
OK, I made some progress, but the situation is a little unstable.

What I did not get is that Linn/Lumin has its own way to manage playlist; not standard uPnP, but it allows for great tools : Lumin, Kazoo, Kinsky.

Unfortunatly, Marantz does not provide this, and so far, the only app which works is PlugPlayer; though it is highly unstable : I must constantly tell the app to search for minimserver and the marantz, because it keeps on switching to another server and another renderer everytime I launch it, etc. And PlugPlayer seems unfortunatly compliant with uPnP, which means that the app must stay on, if not the music stops at the end of the track :-( So a totally unreliable app. I tried mediaConnect, and it also works in a highly unstable way.

Then I thought I found a miracle : BubbleUPnP server (it has a synology package) on top of minimServer. What it did is that it created something which I interpret as a virtual rendering machine, which allows for playlist, and then Kinsky and Kazoo work perfectly, it plays the entire content and not only the first track, with only one issue :
sometimes the Folder.jpg does not display on Kazoo, or sometimes it displays wrong (seeing the head of Britten as the main image for pop rock section is quite funny). Even though it says BubbleUPnp works with Lumin, Lumin does not detect the minimServer on my network, which I don't understand why (it did not even before I installed BubbleUPnP). I have a synology ds212j, so very slow processor :-(

I tried to install Serviio for testing but that created an even bloodier mess, so I took this off. O well, just tried.

O, I am now in the final test, but it seems that I finally got it : minimServer plus BubbleUPnP allows to have playlists on a Marantz !

Still waiting a few days before celebrating victory

PS : Lumin is now seeing the minimServer. It was actually the serviio daemon on my Mac which seems to put a mess. As soon as I killed that daemon, Lumin was able to see the minimServer !!!!
26-02-2015, 00:44
It worked, but was highly unstable.

The last trick was to disable uPnP on the netgear routeur (which also is a cable modem). Turned on, it did put a mess between all components.

So now all seems fine. Bravo Simon for a beautiful server, and thx bubbleUPnP to complement it !