Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
J River Displays Multiple Albums Based on Artist
02-10-2014, 04:43
J River Displays Multiple Albums Based on Artist
I'm trying to use J River to display music stored on my Synology/Minimserver properly. For some reason, J River creates separate albums based on the album name AND the artist. For example, the album "20th Century Masters: The Millinium Collection - The Best ofJudy Garland" appears as 3 separate albums in J River because the artists listed on some of the songs are different (see attached screen shot). I don't think it's my metadata since the same album only appears once in BubbleUPNP. Is there a setting in Minimserver or perhaps even in J River to make it only display the album once?

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-10-2014, 08:49 (This post was last modified: 02-10-2014 08:49 by simoncn.)
RE: J River Displays Multiple Albums Based on Artist
(02-10-2014 04:43)clar2391 Wrote:  I'm trying to use J River to display music stored on my Synology/Minimserver properly. For some reason, J River creates separate albums based on the album name AND the artist. For example, the album "20th Century Masters: The Millinium Collection - The Best ofJudy Garland" appears as 3 separate albums in J River because the artists listed on some of the songs are different (see attached screen shot). I don't think it's my metadata since the same album only appears once in BubbleUPNP. Is there a setting in Minimserver or perhaps even in J River to make it only display the album once?

You could try adding an AlbumArtist tag if you don't have one already. You would need to use the same AlbumArtist tag value for all discs of the album.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply