Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Warnings & Conflicts
29-09-2014, 15:56
Warnings & Conflicts
Hello Simon. I have lately discovered alot of warnings and conflicts when i checked the minim logfile. I don't know why and how to get rid of them. I attach the saved logfile in txt and some pics of the properties settings and hope you can see if i did anything wrong with settings.

Thanks.

Regards Meffy

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

.txt  warnings.txt (Size: 43.04 KB / Downloads: 6)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
29-09-2014, 18:25
RE: Warnings & Conflicts
(29-09-2014 15:56)Meffy Wrote:  Hello Simon. I have lately discovered alot of warnings and conflicts when i checked the minim logfile. I don't know why and how to get rid of them. I attach the saved logfile in txt and some pics of the properties settings and hope you can see if i did anything wrong with settings.

Thanks.

Regards Meffy

There are a lot of messages about AlbumArtist conflicts. These are caused by having more than one AlbumArtist value for the same album. MinimServer doesn't support this and produces a warning if it finds this in your tags. This warning tells you which tracks have conflicting values and what the conflicting values are.

There are also a lot of messages about custom value conflicts for AlbumArtist. These are caused by having different sort values for the same AlbumArtist tag value. Your tagValue property includes the setting AlbumArtist.sort.value={ArtistSort,ComposerSort} and this would cause these messages if the combination of AlbumArtist, ArtistSort and ComposerSort tags isn't fully consistent for all the tracks in your library.
29-09-2014, 18:34
(29-09-2014 18:25)simoncn Wrote:  
(29-09-2014 15:56)Meffy Wrote:  Hello Simon. I have lately discovered alot of warnings and conflicts when i checked the minim logfile. I don't know why and how to get rid of them. I attach the saved logfile in txt and some pics of the properties settings and hope you can see if i did anything wrong with settings.

Thanks.

Regards Meffy

There are a lot of messages about AlbumArtist conflicts. These are caused by having more than one AlbumArtist value for the same album. MinimServer doesn't support this and produces a warning if it finds this in your tags. This warning tells you which tracks have conflicting values and what the conflicting values are.

There are also a lot of messages about custom value conflicts for AlbumArtist. These are caused by having different sort values for the same AlbumArtist tag value. Your tagValue property includes the setting AlbumArtist.sort.value={ArtistSort,ComposerSort} and this would cause these messages if the combination of AlbumArtist, ArtistSort and ComposerSort tags isn't fully consistent for all the tracks in your library.

Thanks for your quick reply Simon, i will take a look at the tagValue property when i'll get home.
21-04-2015, 19:39
Simon

Rather than start a new thread I thought I would add my problem to this one. I am getting this type of error:

Warning: conflicting ALBUMARTIST values ignored for album HDtracks 2014 Sampler
first conflicting value: Sonny Rollins
first conflicting item: St. Thomas

I have tried to find similar threads and I 'think' I have checked against these but still no joy.

These are the things I have tried so far:

1 - initially I copied and pasted the artist name over the Album artist name to rule out spelling differences.
2 - then realised that the album artist probably all should be Various Artists for that album and so I changed them all
3 - I wondered if the full stop was not permissable in the title tag and so I deleted that but to no effect
4 - I checked to see if there was more than one album artist (or similar) tag present but couldn't see anything in windows explorer or mp3tag?

Each time I rescanned with minimserver and watched the error log highlight the same issue.

Reasonably sure that the Album Artist tag and Artist names are correct now according to other posts/threads. Any clues?
21-04-2015, 21:21 (This post was last modified: 21-04-2015 21:23 by simoncn.)
(21-04-2015 19:39)Martin H Wrote:  Simon

Rather than start a new thread I thought I would add my problem to this one. I am getting this type of error:

I have tried to find similar threads and I 'think' I have checked against these but still no joy.

1 - initially I copied and pasted the artist name over the Album artist name to rule out spelling differences.
2 - then realised that the album artist probably all should be Various Artists for that album and so I changed them all
3 - I wondered if the full stop was not permissable in the title tag and so I deleted that but to no effect
4 - I checked to see if there was more than one album artist (or similar) tag present but couldn't see anything in windows explorer or mp3tag?

Each time I rescanned with minimserver and watched the error log highlight the same issue.

Reasonably sure that the Album Artist tag and Artist names are correct now according to other posts/threads. Any clues?

MinimServer doesn't allow you to have more than one ALBUMARTIST tag value for an album. You can have any number of ARTIST values.

It appears your step 2 should have fixed this. Please try this again and check that the ALBUMARTIST tags were changed for all tracks in the album.
22-04-2015, 01:23
(21-04-2015 21:21)simoncn Wrote:  
(21-04-2015 19:39)Martin H Wrote:  Simon

MinimServer doesn't allow you to have more than one ALBUMARTIST tag value for an album. You can have any number of ARTIST values.

It appears your step 2 should have fixed this. Please try this again and check that the ALBUMARTIST tags were changed for all tracks in the album.

Thanks Simon, that is how I had understood it from the other threads etc. I went back and checked everything again and everything checked out perfectly as before to the eye. What I then discovered after some fiddling around was that the whole album must have somehow been copied to a bizarre location within the folder structure by accident at some point and the errors being flagged were from those files. Two things that occurred to me while doing this was that some sort of time-stamp on the log would be useful and also the full path. But maybe these are shown in verbose - I will check it out later.

Main thing is I am on the right track with that. I do have some other errors (headers etc.) but will try to work through it before asking further.

Many thanks

Martin
22-04-2015, 03:10
That is some seriously advanced stuff you have in your files there in terms of all the advanced search stuff. I cannot wrap my head around the guide and how to setup these tags. Is there a more simplified version of it or perhaps more EXAMPLES of what the output would like look based upon all of the tags being added? I'd really like to tweak mine but the guide on the site just needs to show more examples and what the OUTPUT would look like once everything is saved in minimwatch and a rescan is done on library.
22-04-2015, 11:23 (This post was last modified: 22-04-2015 11:24 by DavidHB.)
(22-04-2015 03:10)steen Wrote:  That is some seriously advanced stuff you have in your files there in terms of all the advanced search stuff. I cannot wrap my head around the guide and how to setup these tags. Is there a more simplified version of it or perhaps more EXAMPLES of what the output would like look based upon all of the tags being added? I'd really like to tweak mine but the guide on the site just needs to show more examples and what the OUTPUT would look like once everything is saved in minimwatch and a rescan is done on library.

I'd agree with this in principle, but it is worth noting that there are different levels of complication with the different features. Getting started with MinimServer, and taking it to (and even beyond) the level of capability of most other servers is actually quite easy. Once you get into Tag Options and beyond, there is a bit more head scratching to do. As the User Guide pages are set out in logical groups, this means that the beginner stuff sometimes sits alongside the more advanced material. Simon could perhaps consider distinguishing between Basic, Intermediate and Advanced levels of customisation; even though the categorisation would necessarily be somewhat arbitrary, it would at least focus the less confident users on what they need to know first.

It's also worth saying that the Text of the User Guide is very clear if you follow it carefully, step by step. But I agree with you that screen shots, particularly of the various pages of the properties dialog, would help to make the text easier to absorb.

All that said (and this is a point that some users do not seem to be clear about), the effect that changing particular MinimServer settings makes will sometimes depend on the characteristics of the Control Point in use. Simon can hardly document the interaction with every Control Point in existence.

Likewise (and particularly relevant to this thread), the means of fixing tagging issues will depend to a degree on the tag editor in use. I'd always recommend getting (and learning how to use) a good tag editor; by 'good', I mean one that can handle multiple files (and if possible multiple folders) at once, and which allows you to customise both your tags and its working layout to your liking. For these capabilities, Windows users really do not need to look beyond MP3Tag.

David
22-04-2015, 17:18
David - Thanks for reply.

I am running minimserver and BubbleUPnP server on my NAS, minimwatch on my Windows box and my clients are Android HTC phone and Samsung tablet using paid version of BubbleUPnP. AWESOME SETUP!!

I have some weird glitchy crap with my Yamaha AVR going on but it's not related to minim or bubble because it's happened on every permutation of media server and client I have ever tried so I am chalking those problems up entirely to the Yamaha.

I was using PLEX (I love PLEX, hands down it is the best for movies), but my MP3/FLAC library is near 1TB and the search power of minim is unmatched by anything else I have ever tried so I have completely removed all music from PLEX and only use minim now for all of my music.

I noticed on minimwatch there is no "reset defaults" button so if a minim "rookie" like me goofs up a setting there is no way to bring back defaults.

I copped some of the lines from Meffy's screen caps and I really like the option of sorting by QUALITY so I can only see my 320K etc. Minim is *incredibly* powerful and I'm telling all of my associates who currently use PLEX to switch to minim for all of their audio needs.

I just wish I had more of a solid grasp on the tags and how they work. I had zero issues setting any of this up, but when we are talking strictly about minim watch and all of the fields/tags I really feel lost. I think even having "templates" to choose from for each tab of minimwatch would be AWESOME! A "basic" template that is stock stuff that is there after initial install and then some sort of "Mother Lode" template with a BOATLOAD of crazy ass options all formatted correctly. This way someone could start with a base of literally way too many tags and options and then gradually slim it down until it's to their liking.

Again, just wish there was more of an "see spot run" type of guide to the tags with more real world examples of what the output would look like on the client.
22-04-2015, 19:45
(22-04-2015 17:18)steen Wrote:  David - Thanks for reply.

I am running minimserver and BubbleUPnP server on my NAS, minimwatch on my Windows box and my clients are Android HTC phone and Samsung tablet using paid version of BubbleUPnP. AWESOME SETUP!!

I have some weird glitchy crap with my Yamaha AVR going on but it's not related to minim or bubble because it's happened on every permutation of media server and client I have ever tried so I am chalking those problems up entirely to the Yamaha.

I was using PLEX (I love PLEX, hands down it is the best for movies), but my MP3/FLAC library is near 1TB and the search power of minim is unmatched by anything else I have ever tried so I have completely removed all music from PLEX and only use minim now for all of my music.

I noticed on minimwatch there is no "reset defaults" button so if a minim "rookie" like me goofs up a setting there is no way to bring back defaults.

I copped some of the lines from Meffy's screen caps and I really like the option of sorting by QUALITY so I can only see my 320K etc. Minim is *incredibly* powerful and I'm telling all of my associates who currently use PLEX to switch to minim for all of their audio needs.

I just wish I had more of a solid grasp on the tags and how they work. I had zero issues setting any of this up, but when we are talking strictly about minim watch and all of the fields/tags I really feel lost. I think even having "templates" to choose from for each tab of minimwatch would be AWESOME! A "basic" template that is stock stuff that is there after initial install and then some sort of "Mother Lode" template with a BOATLOAD of crazy ass options all formatted correctly. This way someone could start with a base of literally way too many tags and options and then gradually slim it down until it's to their liking.

Again, just wish there was more of an "see spot run" type of guide to the tags with more real world examples of what the output would look like on the client.

The User guide is intended as reference material. If any users would like to contribute tutorials with screen shots, the Digital Audio section of the forum is the right place for this. See this thread for an example of the recommended format.