Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
displaying composer as artist
13-09-2014, 14:36
displaying composer as artist
I have my classical music tagged with composers and the rest (mostly) tagged with artist. My control point displays only the artist, which I have filled with conductor/orchestra for classical and it is not showing the composer.

I tried

tagCustom=Composer.displayRole={artist}

and I tried

tagCustom=Composer.displayRole={author}

and nothing changed about the display on my control point---I still do not see the composer there. (I don't have do do something special to get changes to take effect, do I? I tried restarting the server.)

I assume I'm missing something simple here. A second question is more complex: can I add composer to the artist display only if the "Classical" genre tag exists?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
13-09-2014, 15:45
RE: displaying composer as artist
(13-09-2014 14:36)adrian Wrote:  I have my classical music tagged with composers and the rest (mostly) tagged with artist. My control point displays only the artist, which I have filled with conductor/orchestra for classical and it is not showing the composer.

I tried

and I tried

and nothing changed about the display on my control point---I still do not see the composer there. (I don't have do do something special to get changes to take effect, do I? I tried restarting the server.)

This setting doesn't add composer information to the artist display value. It sends the composer information as a separate XML tag. Some control points can display this composer information and others can't. Which control point is it?

If you want to add composer information to the artist value displayed by the control point, you can add the following to the tagFormat property:

Artist.displayFormat={$composer^^: $artist}

The will display the artist value as one of the following:

composer-name: artist-name (if there is a Composer tag)
artist-name (if there is no Composer tag)

Quote:I assume I'm missing something simple here. A second question is more complex: can I add composer to the artist display only if the "Classical" genre tag exists?

No, this isn't possible.
13-09-2014, 23:57
RE: displaying composer as artist
(13-09-2014 15:45)simoncn Wrote:  
(13-09-2014 14:36)adrian Wrote:  I have my classical music tagged with composers and the rest (mostly) tagged with artist. My control point displays only the artist, which I have filled with conductor/orchestra for classical and it is not showing the composer.

I tried

and I tried

This setting doesn't add composer information to the artist display value. It sends the composer information as a separate XML tag. Some control points can display this composer information and others can't. Which control point is it?

I'm using the Olive ONE.

Quote:If you want to add composer information to the artist value displayed by the control point, you can add the following to the tagFormat property:

Artist.displayFormat={$composer^^: $artist}

The will display the artist value as one of the following:

composer-name: artist-name (if there is a Composer tag)
artist-name (if there is no Composer tag)

This is working. Thanks.