Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Search Function and View
07-11-2012, 20:00 (This post was last modified: 07-11-2012 20:02 by horstpbeck.)
Search Function and View
Hello all,
i use Minim Server on a Qnap 249 , open LINN Kinsky and play Music on a LINN Akurate DSM .

What i cannot find is a Window to easily search for either Artist, Album or Title. Is that hidden anywhere ?

Is it possible to have Covers View also in the Artist Folder ?
These little Folders just do not look nice .

I also installed Minim Watch for MAC OS, but when i open the Program , there is no Window at all .

Thx for giving me an update on that, regards hpb
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-11-2012, 21:17
RE: Search Function and View
(07-11-2012 20:00)horstpbeck Wrote:  Hello all,
i use Minim Server on a Qnap 249 , open LINN Kinsky and play Music on a LINN Akurate DSM .

What i cannot find is a Window to easily search for either Artist, Album or Title. Is that hidden anywhere ?

Kinsky on IOS has a search field for searching within a single page.

If you want to search for something across your entire library, this requires UPnP search support in both the server and the control point. MinimServer doesn't currently have this support, and neither does Kinsky.

Quote:Is it possible to have Covers View also in the Artist Folder ?

The ability to select different views would be provided by the control point. Many control points allow a list of albums to be viewed as covers. I'm not sure how this could be done when viewing a list of artists.

Quote:I also installed Minim Watch for MAC OS, but when i open the Program , there is no Window at all .

Thx for giving me an update on that, regards hpb

I've responded to this on another thread.
07-11-2012, 21:52
Kinsky on IOS has a search field for searching within a single page.

If you want to search for something across your entire library, this requires UPnP search support in both the server and the control point. MinimServer doesn't currently have this support, and neither does Kinsky.

Quote:Is it possible to have Covers View also in the Artist Folder ?

The ability to select different views would be provided by the control point. Many control points allow a list of albums to be viewed as covers. I'm not sure how this could be done when viewing a list of artists.

Hi,
thx for the Info, found it in the upper bar .

The possibility to see Covers in a list of artists is given when you just take one of the albums . no matter which, mostly the first in alphabetic order . The other albums get visible when doubleclicking on the artist / album .

Regarding the search, in large libraries , thats my way to browse .
But if its not supported with Kinsky either .......
I am used to do that from meridian and sonos .

LINN told me they are working on an own UPnP Server to make the Experience better . The LINN guy also voted for Minim as today best

;- )) .
07-11-2012, 22:18
(07-11-2012 21:52)horstpbeck Wrote:  Hi,
thx for the Info, found it in the upper bar .

The possibility to see Covers in a list of artists is given when you just take one of the albums . no matter which, mostly the first in alphabetic order . The other albums get visible when doubleclicking on the artist / album .

OK, I think I understand this now. Do any other servers and/or control points provide this view?

Quote:Regarding the search, in large libraries , thats my way to browse .
But if its not supported with Kinsky either .......
I am used to do that from meridian and sonos .

I'm hoping to add support for this in a future release of MinimServer. Perhaps Kinsky will add it as well at some point. Some other control points already support UPnP search, such as BubbleDS and PlugPlayer.

Quote:
LINN told me they are working on an own UPnP Server to make the Experience better .

I'll look forward to seeing what they come up with.

Quote:The LINN guy also voted for Minim as today best

;- )) .

This has really made my day! Smile
07-11-2012, 22:52
OK, I think I understand this now. Do any other servers and/or control points provide this view?

Yes, see attached pdf . Kinsky with Twonky .

This has really made my day! Smile

Youre welcome .
But true Quote anyway .

Attached File(s)
.pdf  123.pdf (Size: 1.09 MB / Downloads: 12)