Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cannot start Minimwatch on MAC
06-09-2014, 00:37
Cannot start Minimwatch on MAC
When I try to start Minimwatch I get the response that it cannot be started due to a false value of the property "updatereminder"
How can I change this property? I cannot find the file with the properties
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-09-2014, 05:47
RE: Cannot start Minimwatch on MAC
(06-09-2014 00:37)s0307 Wrote:  When I try to start Minimwatch I get the response that it cannot be started due to a false value of the property "updatereminder"

Try deleting Minimwatch and then install it again.

The other method I found was to stop Minimserver, delete its configuration file, "minimserver.config", the re start Minimserver and it will create a new file.

BTW updatereminder is set to "1" in my properties file.
06-09-2014, 10:46
(06-09-2014 00:37)s0307 Wrote:  When I try to start Minimwatch I get the response that it cannot be started due to a false value of the property "updatereminder"

The minimwatch.config file is in the folder

/Users/<your-user-name>/Library/MinimWatch

The /Users/<your-user-name>/Library folder is hidden in Finder, so you need to use 'Go to folder' and type the path in full.

Drag the minimwatch.config file to the Trash and restart MinimWatch. Reinstalling MinimWatch won't help because this doesn't remove the minimwatch.config file.

In a future update, I will add a check to prevent the user from setting this property to an incorrect value. It needs to be an integer between 1 and 30.
06-09-2014, 18:28
Thanks for that information Simon. I would not have thought to look for the config file on the local machine. Good to know in case I mess up my settings ( I did this a week or so back when playing around with the ignore tag ).
06-09-2014, 23:56
Hi Simon, thanks for the fast answer.