Post Reply 
java.lang.StackOverflowError
01-09-2014, 14:44
Post: #1
java.lang.StackOverflowError
Just installed update 40 and I get a java.lang.StackOverflowError:

java.lang.StackOverflowError
at com.minimserver.Server$ItemList.sort(Server.java:7831)
at java.util.Collections.sort(Unknown Source)
at com.minimserver.Server$ItemList.sort(Server.java:7832)
at java.util.Collections.sort(Unknown Source)

Searching the forum, a similar error occurred with a previous version, which required a new update.

Also, what is the difference between version 0.8.1 and 0.8.2? I was running 0.8.1 until now, but after update 40 failed, I downloaded a fresh new copy of 0.8.2. Same error though after installation.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-09-2014, 15:04 (This post was last modified: 01-09-2014 15:13 by simoncn.)
Post: #2
RE: java.lang.StackOverflowError
(01-09-2014 14:44)jes Wrote:  Just installed update 40 and I get a java.lang.StackOverflowError:

java.lang.StackOverflowError
at com.minimserver.Server$ItemList.sort(Server.java:7831)
at java.util.Collections.sort(Unknown Source)
at com.minimserver.Server$ItemList.sort(Server.java:7832)
at java.util.Collections.sort(Unknown Source)

Searching the forum, a similar error occurred with a previous version, which required a new update.

After you get this error, please click 'Save as' from the log window to create a log file, then zip the log file and attach it to a post here. Many thanks!

Edit: Please also describe what you were doing when you got the error. If you got the error when MinimServer was starting, what control point are you using?

Quote:Also, what is the difference between version 0.8.1 and 0.8.2? I was running 0.8.1 until now, but after update 40 failed, I downloaded a fresh new copy of 0.8.2. Same error though after installation.

The changes in 0.8.2 compared with 0.8.1 are listed on the Release notes page. Look for the section titled MinimServer 0.8.2.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-09-2014, 00:38 (This post was last modified: 02-09-2014 06:39 by jes.)
Post: #3
RE: java.lang.StackOverflowError

.txt  MS log file.txt (Size: 54.42 KB / Downloads: 6)

Log file attached. All I've been doing is accepting the MS update 40 pop up message, as I have always done before. I have not changed anything else. The error occurs on initial scan at start up. What is a control point? I run BubbleUPnP Server, but has nothing to do with it, as error is on Windows computer.

PS: I uninstalled update 40. Whilst I'm back to update 32, it works again! I prefer the green icon to the red one so much more.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-09-2014, 11:20
Post: #4
RE: java.lang.StackOverflowError
(02-09-2014 00:38)jes Wrote:  Log file attached. All I've been doing is accepting the MS update 40 pop up message, as I have always done before. I have not changed anything else. The error occurs on initial scan at start up. What is a control point? I run BubbleUPnP Server, but has nothing to do with it, as error is on Windows computer.

PS: I uninstalled update 40. Whilst I'm back to update 32, it works again! I prefer the green icon to the red one so much more.

Thanks for this log. I have found the cause of the problem. It's caused by a change in Java 8 update 20 that breaks MinimServer update 36 and above.

This problem will be fixed in the next MinimServer update.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-09-2014, 19:23
Post: #5
RE: java.lang.StackOverflowError
(02-09-2014 11:20)simoncn Wrote:  This problem will be fixed in the next MinimServer update.

This fix is now available in update 41.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-09-2014, 03:48
Post: #6
RE: java.lang.StackOverflowError
That fixed the problem. Many thanks.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Post Reply 


Forum Jump:


User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)